Originality well almost.

Any one that knows me is aware that I like to try to keep my car as original as possible. BUT and it is a big But I do have a fear of modern drivers either missing lights and signals altogether.

I played around with making my own LED lights and gave up as like Bob Le B found that they were not as bright as original bulbs. Things have moved on since then.

I decided that I would first try a set or rear lights and Brake light bulbs from Bob. I was so delighted with them that I decided the next thing was to tackle the indicators. I originally fitted the LED buzzer unit in the dash, whilst this worked most of the time not reliably enough for me.

Fitting of LED bulbs requires a different type of Flasher unit. This being an electronic unit and totally different made me refrain from going this route.  I have now converted an original Lucas body to electronic inerds and now all configurations of bulbs work perfectly the dash light is bright  and the buzzer load to hear above the engine noise I think.

I did however buy the led Indicator/side light units which are spectacularly good Very bright and reflect off the grill giving a massive light effect which is clear to even a blind man.

Here's a pic of my completed electronic flasher unit which does look pretty original.

This is an ideal way to keep the date stamped housing with updated electrics.

I could make these from old cases if anyone would like one, you would need to send me an old case working or not.

Rod

DSCF1038.JPG