Can you help me identify the following tanks and straps.Straps A & B are the same size at the top B wider at the bottom. C is 2" wider with a bigger angle

One is from  my 3 with a rear seat . The others are from a 2 and maybe a 3a

Please also note that on the strap A it has an additional bolt fixing on the top 

The 2 tanks are different on the bottom

HELP    --------       Not sure which configuration came out of the 3

Roy

P1010423.JPG

P1010424.JPG

P1010422.JPG

P1010421.JPG

Roy, pretty sure tank “A” is from a 3. My spare one is currently in storage so I can’t confirm immediately. Not sure re the straps.

Tank B is from a later 3a. Not sure about those straps with the extra fixing at the top corner.

Ralph

Roy

These are TR2 tank straps...They look exactly like your 'C' straps.

I think the hole you see is maybe for an earth connection for the fuel gauge sender unit?

Regards

Ade

IMG_7334.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

Edited by AJ2014

Roy,

There are a few posts about TR2/3 fuel tank differences on the forum; the photo below is extracted from one of them.

The tank which says 'Original Tank' is for the TR2, the other tank is for a later sidescreen car with the optional rear seat (hence the shorter slope and slight rake for the rear seat backrest

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ade

IMG_1875.png

Edited by AJ2014

Thanks everyone i knew you would help.

So i have the 3 tank A along with the straps A with the extra fixings for rear seat on the 3

Tank B is for a 3A along with straps B. No idea how i have them as never had a 3A. [ This wouldn't have been fitted in my 2 would it ? don't think the bottom would fit.] and i have TR 2 straps.

For my 2 [ which has an FIA comp tank at this moment ]i have the straps C but need to search my lock up again as no tank so far. I think there will be a plea for a  2 tank soon.

Again thanks guys

Roy