Help assessing car before purchase

I want to buy a TR6 and have found what looks like a great car…but this is my first classic car all I know is what I can read on the forums which whilst very helpful is no substitute for someone who really knows how to check/assess a car.  So can anyone help/recommend someone or a company who can take a look at the car for me.  The car is in the Swindon area. Thanks..

8 minutes ago, rogcar said:

I want to buy a TR6 and have found what looks like a great car…but this is my first classic car all I know is what I can read on the forums which whilst very helpful is no substitute for someone who really knows how to check/assess a car.  So can anyone help/recommend someone or a company who can take a look at the car for me.  The car is in the Swindon area. Thanks..

The TR Register office has recommended assessors they can share. But I think you will need to join the Club, an excellent choice and worthwhile for various good reasons. Details on the Home page here.

5 hours ago, rogcar said:

Thanks, I joined last week so will pick up your suggestion.

Just a thought. Depending on where you live, there may be a TR Register member nearby willing to come along. Many of these people know their TRs inside out — literally. I would make an appeal in a separate thread... stating your whereabouts.

You might start by taking a look on the Forum site where the various models are described. It includes a list of weak spots to watch out for in each model, as to where the typical rust spots can be found.

I'm sure you'll get a volunteer from here. Whereabouts is the car?