Toyota W58 gearbox to TR 6 propshaft

Mike:

I recently installed the Moss/HVDA kit referenced above.  It came with an adaptor that bolts to the original prop shaft flange. See the photos below. You then use a locking collar on the propshaft sliding joint to set the correct length so that you do not wreck the oil seal in the tail of the W58 gearbox. I decided to have a custom shaft made by a local firm instead. As a result those bits are currently "surplus to requirements"....

If you follow the link that was provided above you can download the instruction booklet to see what is involved.

Andy

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

Thanks very much for all the replies. I believe that will set me on my way. Regarding the request for more info....I purchased a complete Tr6 engine with stage 3 head etc and triple webers with a Toyota gearbox attached. I am unsure at this stage of my rebuild whether to revert to the triumph OD box or stick with the Toyota one. 

On 11/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, RobH said:

As standard, once you switch the OD on it stays on even when you change gear. That means its a bit fiddly if you want to go from (say) 4th OD direct to 3rd, or from 3rdOD to 4th as you have to both change gear and flick off the OD at the same time.  

This link shows what it is about though there are others available. You can even DIY using a couple of relays which is rather cheaper:

https://www.revingtontr.com/productimages/docs/00001707/is0008-logic-operating-device-for-overdrive-units-issue-2-1.pdf