Air brush for touch up?

I want to touch in some very small areas on the paint from Stone chips, prams and anorak zips, thanks to show visitors!

Is it feasible to use an air brush ( scale model type to tough up two pack. I can not warrant a respray nor afford it!

Suggestions for type and method please on a stamped addressed envelope.

Rgds

Rod.

26 minutes ago, Lebro said:

I use a very small paint brush to fill in any stone chips etc. hardly noticable .

Bob.

+1 or a small stick such as a match to dab a drop of paint into the chip. If done so that the drop sits slightly proud, you can often flatten with 2k grit and polish out so barely noticeable afterwards

Cocktail stick are more precise than a match, the tapered end allows the paint amount Required to be measured precisely.

Mick Richards

I have two small areas of micro blisters to sort on the scuttle and rear deck approx 1.5" across so need to be able to spray as I don't think a toothpick will cut it in this case.

Unfortunately these two areas are the only ones that the paint shop had left to do after I bare metal stripped the rest of the car. They've now been there for about 3 years and have got not any worse so I presume that if I can sort these out all will be good.

What is the best paint to spray that agrees with twopack?

Rod

There are 2 sorts of 2 pack aerosols. The best are the ones with a ring underneath, which you pull & twist to activate. The other sort is not really 2 pack. I have used the 1st sort in clear lacquer form, & am impressed with the finish.

Bob

6 hours ago, Rodbr said:

What is the best paint to spray that agrees with twopack?

Rod

I understand that 2K paint is quite stable and doesn't easily react with  most paint schemes.

If you are going to use a 2K paint from a tin do use the hardener otherwise it will stay soft.

Roger

I've used a air brush in the past with cellulose for small repairs which gave reasonable results. Probably best if you go for 2k in a pre mixed tin just use a decent mask.

Andy

I’ve used 2K paint in rattle cans from Spray max on the body panel insides (outside was done by a body shop).

Primer was a good quality 1K can.

Not concours but very acceptable. The end result is more depending on my skills than on the equipment. Paint was made to color code.

Use good ppe, I bought a 3M half face mask with large filters and pre-filters, maybe 50 euro’s for the set.

Waldi

Funnily enough i’ve also just used 2k clearcoat for the first time, and like Waldi went with a 3m respirator setup.

2k sets much harder than 1k, as it sets by chemical reaction not by air drying

i was painting a motorcycle petrol tank ( and wanted the ethanol resistance of 2k)

i used MIPA clearcoat and happy with the results, spraymax is highly regarded too

steve