Couple of pics of my '6.

First is just after I bought it, second was taken today after putting my minilites on (fitted with 195/65 15's) there's a bit of a gap at the top of the arches (which will soon dissapear when I lower my lardy ar*e into the car) and I've put on a leather rimmed moto-lita steering wheel (second hand and nicely worn in from ebay) I'm starting to feel really comfortable with the car now. :)

Couple of pics of my '6.

First is just after I bought it, second was taken today after putting my minilites on (fitted with 195/65 15's) there's a bit of a gap at the top of the arches (which will soon dissapear when I lower my lardy ar*e into the car) and I've put on a leather rimmed moto-lita steering wheel (second hand and nicely worn in from ebay) I'm starting to feel really comfortable with the car now. :)

Those wheels do look nice.. I'm currently fighting 60mph vibration with newly balanced tyres and I suspect one or more bent steel wheels and if it goes on much longer I may have to go down the minilite/panasport route myself.

How is that wind blocker working out for you ?

Stan

there's a bit of a gap at the top of the arches

Hi Simon

That looks a really nice car & the Minilites’ suit it really well don’t they; I hope you don’t mind me saying (& I’m really not being picky) but although the front looks about right, the rear looks a little high to me with even a hint of positive camber! The gap above the rear wheels looks to be quit a bit more than the front, it’s just an observation & I appreciate it may well be the camera angle.

Hi Stan,

The windblocker works really well, it was something to make long distances more comfortable for my wife. It seems to have done the trick!

Simon :)

Smart looking car simon, I have minilites on my 5 and they do make it look the biz. So the wind blocker cuts down the noise from the passengers seat as well as the wind.

P.S does look a bit high at the rear.

Simon,

as previously stated, nice looking car, and those minilites really set it off.

Like you, I have a wind deflector which I purchased a year ago to please the missus when travelling long distances, and I think they work well. Yours looks very much like mine. Classic Additions. Nice touch !

I'm currently fighting 60mph vibration with newly balanced tyres and I suspect one or more bent steel wheels

That's what I had on my '250. I thought TR6 wheels were better... Anyway, there is no trace of vibration at any speed with 6" Panasports ( since 1991). :)

I was able to locate the runout easily on the original wheels - spec was 0.040" max and I found a minimum of 0.050" and it was as high as 0.080". :o

Simon, the wheels got delivered this morning and the tyres fitted this afternoon, now after a couple of weeks of brilliant weather it's chucking it down :angry:

The tyres are Fuldas and 195/65 looks a good size for the 6" rim, wide enough to protect the rims from kerbing without being OTT, I'll post a pic if it stops raining.

Ron

PS Phoned CM, no extra charge :)

Edited by ron
the rear looks a little high to me with even a hint of positive camber! The gap above the rear wheels looks to be quit a bit more than the front, it’s just an observation & I appreciate it may well be the camera angle.

I don't think it's as bad as it looks in the first pics, although it does sit a little high.If I could drop it just about an inch, I think it wouldn't compromise the ground clearance too much. I'm hoping to convert the rear to Spax (or similar) so I'll wait until thats done before I start messing around with shorter/harder springs. Here are some more pics I took the other day.

Simon

Hi Simon

Looks even better in these pictures. For what it is worth I put some locking wheel nuts on mine to help discourage any would be thieves. Got them from the TSSC (who said that) .

All the best