Cover for steering column wiring

Hi all

I currently have the steering column of my CF TR6 (Nov 72) in bits and one of the jobs is to replace the broken cover that covers the wiring, my original has the front tag missing and the clamp at the bulkhead end is also gone.

I picked up a good secondhand part and after repainting it did a trial fit only to find that it covers the hole for the steering lock. I checked both Rimmers and the Moss catalogues and they list the same part for all TR6 plus TR4, 4A and 5 but I suspect the later cars with a steering lock have a different part, can anyone throw some light on this? 

George 

Edited by harlequin

Ed

From your photos I can now see that what I thought was a missing lower bracket is not the case and the later cars just did not have the clamp and are also a bit shorter

John

I looked at the Rimmer catalogue and saw the main picture showed the cover item 30 with the clamp/bracket but didn't notice that the individual listing for item 30 shows it without I suppose I was expecting to see alternatives for early and late cars

Thank you gents part now ordered

George

Hi George

My harness cover was also missing. Last week I ordered this part (611369) from Rimmers. Despite the photo, it still has the clamp that will cover the steering lock. Save your money & cut the clamp off your original one. The upper column clamp should secure it.

Alan  

11 hours ago, super6al said:

Hi George

My harness cover was also missing. Last week I ordered this part (611369) from Rimmers. Despite the photo, it still has the clamp that will cover the steering lock. Save your money & cut the clamp off your original one. The upper column clamp should secure it.

Thanks Alan

TRGB think they have one in the junk shed, I will pop along later today and have a dig. If I can't find one I will do as you suggest.

George