ECU Underdash Tray

I'm planning my Winter upgrades, I've ordered a new loom with some additional parts that will neaten up my wiring considerably. I have also decided to improve the look of my Emerald ECU loom and have ordered a new one of those, the intention being to tape it more neatly than the current one. What I would also like to do is fit the ECU into a fold down shelf/case/whatever under the passenger side of the dash, it's currently held there by its mounting brackets but that means I need to unbolt it for access, I'd rather be able to fold it down. Has anyone put in a similar solution, hopefully something off the shelf?

Ian

1 hour ago, JochemsTR said:

Hi Ian,

my future installations will be in the engine compartment...

Jochem

I have very little room in the engine bay Jochem, on the O/S I have the IACV & its inlet air filter, on the N/S I have an auxiliary fusebox, I may move the latter to the passenger footwell though, if I mount the ECU vertically against the side of the footwell.

4 hours ago, Jctr6EFI72 said:

Do you need to access to it that often?

No, by the same logic I could continue to run with it as it is as everything works, it isn't neat however and I want the installation to look reasonably professionally done.

Hi Ian,

there was a post about 6-12 months ago where several others showed exactly what you are looking for. Maybe you can find it?
Cheers,

Waldi

40 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Hi Ian,

there was a post about 6-12 months ago where several others showed exactly what you are looking for. Maybe you can find it?
Cheers,

Waldi

A good hour on Google didn't produce much last night but I'll have another look.

23 minutes ago, TRTOM2498PI said:

Hi Ian,

Would you like be to take a picture for you of where mine is staged ? 

Cheers.

I think I'm going to mount it vertically inside the passenger footwell using these on a mounting plate: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133484114673?ViewItem=&item=133484114673&utm_source=unp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PPX000608&utm_unptid=c5904009-ed5f-11ea-bb29-b875c040049d&ppid=PPX000608&cnac=GB&rsta=en_GB&cust=5HF55270BJ247550K&unptid=c5904009-ed5f-11ea-bb29-b875c040049d&calc=aab6fa8b8b980&unp_tpcid=email-receipt-auction-payment&page=main:email:PPX000608:::&pgrp=main:email&e=cl&mchn=em&s=ci&mail=sys&xt=104038&unp_adv=false Then I'll put my Auxiliary fusebox inside the bulkhead, this will neaten up the engine bay a bit. Having purchased a new Emerald loom I'm not constrained by wire length and can route the wires more thoughtfully than I did first time round.

9 hours ago, iani said:

No, by the same logic I could continue to run with it as it is as everything works, it isn't neat however and I want the installation to look reasonably professionally done.

Okkkk!! I understand

My ECU, an associated fuse block, relays, sensor ground bus, and ground bus are mounted on an aluminum sheet that fits upside down in the footwell, I ran four bolts through from the top and secured them with nylocs. Then the plate mounts to those with another set of nylocs. The wiring harness loops around then goes into the engine bay. If I need to, I drop the plate and have enough slack to put the plate on the floor. 

9 hours ago, CK's TR6 said:

My ECU, an associated fuse block, relays, sensor ground bus, and ground bus are mounted on an aluminum sheet that fits upside down in the footwell, I ran four bolts through from the top and secured them with nylocs. Then the plate mounts to those with another set of nylocs. The wiring harness loops around then goes into the engine bay. If I need to, I drop the plate and have enough slack to put the plate on the floor. 

PM sent

2 hours ago, Waldi said:

Maybe this is of help:

Thanks Waldi.

My fuse block on my mount plate plate powers the fuel pump, dual O2 boxes, radio, radio amp, a power outlet, ECU, injector banks, coil pack and EDIS6. There is main power relay that is pulled in by the power that normally goes to the OEM coil. The main power comes in from a extra wire direct from the alternator then into the battery then to the fuse block. There is an emergency switch to kill the main relay. There is some extra wire hanging around that will get fed into the engine compartment for the cam sensor. On the engine, it’s pretty clean install. Wires are all direct from ECU to injector and sensor connectors. The only splices were the PIP and SAW from the EDIS6.

873708D0-D320-4A93-8EFF-20980C1A3249.jpeg

A255DB20-FBA2-4D81-929F-4E3C16005BA8.jpeg