Fitting wings and chrome trim

2 things.

You know how you go to great trouble photographing every last part of the restoration project...then months(years) later you come to look for that particular pic....well...has anyone got a pic of the fixing clips attached to an outer wing before its offered up to the inner wing please?

Secondly, the chrome strips which attach to the 4a doors/front wings clip onto a fixing which I can't identify-picture attached. Are these fixings correct, if so where do you get them from and how are they fitted?

Many thanks

David

front wing LHS (3).JPG

so the ones shown in my photo are non-original or an alternative? Unfortunately the holes left by these clips are larger that the rivet type clip...(#162)

So , seal off the old holes with a normal pop rivet (they will be hidden behind the trim strip) and drill new holes of the correct size close by,  be careful using a pop rivet gun near any fresh paintwork they tend to jump back as the rivet is snapped off,    .. I've just got one of the hand-drill driven riveters and it has been perfect for doing both front wings, the doors plus all the narrow door seal fixing strips, each clip completed far quicker than it takes to write (had to turn down the screwed head of the riveter to fit inside the heads of the clips and the narrow strips).

Cheers Rob