1974 TR6 rebuild

We have a 1974 TR6 which we completely stripped repaired the chassis where require (very little work as it was in good order.) We also strengthened the diff mountings as advised by others, had it sandblasted and powder coated. We made a rookie mistake in that we didn't check the chassis measurements BEFORE the powder coating. How essential is this? Do many go out of skew? Of course if we do get it checked (£400! Ouch) and find a massive discrepancy, we then have to break the coating re-weld and start all over again. Any thing else we should watch for as we rebuild it? We have are in course of or will: fully poly bushed, ungraded brakes, dampers, springs, and are converting from Lh drive to rH as it came from LA. Thank you in advance.

Hi Glenn and welcome to the forum,

The workshop Manual includes all the measurements and instructions on how to check so you could have a go yourself to begin with. Would at least highlight if any major problems.

By the way you should remove your email address from your forum profile as it makes it very easy for bad people to find out all about you.

I have a 74 TR6 which I rebuilt over a 5 year period. Ended up buying a replacement chassis from CTM engineering.

Cheers,

Sean

Glenn,  I doubt many home rebuilders who find the chassis in good condition take the trouble to measure it. I didn't. But if a whole box section or two needed cutting out and replacing, I would. Peter