Anyone follow the BTCC?

I've just had a great afternoon watching coverage of this weekend's round of the BTCC from Knockhill on ITV2. Anyone else catch it?

Absolutely marvellous bumper to bumper racing with lots of different event classes. Apart from the BTCC we had the Ginetta Championship, Junior Ginetta Championship, Porsche Carrera Cup, Formula 4. Three races from each class.

Much better than Formula 1 IMHO.

Now looking forward to the next round from Thruxton on Sept 19/20th

Edited by SeanF

By chance we watched the Carreras, the winner's style was wild, belying the smooth-is-fastest dictat. Not normally a fan as to much nerfing going on but Porche and Ginettas seem to avoid taking nudging an oppo off the track.  Yes, F1......boring processions. 

Peter

On 8/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, SeanF said:

I've just had a great afternoon watching coverage of this weekend's round of the BTCC from Knockhill on ITV2. Anyone else catch it?

Absolutely marvellous bumper to bumper racing with lots of different event classes. Apart from the BTCC we had the Ginetta Championship, Junior Ginetta Championship, Porsche Carrera Cup, Formula 4. Three races from each class.

Sean,

Having previously been less than impressed with the BTCC drivers conduct I haven't watched the BTCC for over 2 years but thought I'd give it another chance on Sunday and caught the second race in the early afternoon. Nothing there did anything to improve my opinion of the lot of them. It was certainly bumper to bumper - and bumper to door - and bumper to wing. Motor racing is supposed to be a non contact sport.

Nonetheless, I stuck with it and watched the Mini Challenge race. That was sheer lunacy. A Demolition Derby worthy of Banger racing. Not my idea of what is supposed to be professional motorsport. Why would anyone want to enter a well prepared car into that championship with the high level of risk of extreme damage. Crackers.

Needless to say I won't be putting myself out to watch it again.

Dave McD (aka Miserable B of Retford)

14 hours ago, Dave McDonald said:

Sean,

Having previously been less than impressed with the BTCC drivers conduct I haven't watched the BTCC for over 2 years but thought I'd give it another chance on Sunday and caught the second race in the early afternoon. Nothing there did anything to improve my opinion of the lot of them. It was certainly bumper to bumper - and bumper to door - and bumper to wing. Motor racing is supposed to be a non contact sport.

Nonetheless, I stuck with it and watched the Mini Challenge race. That was sheer lunacy. A Demolition Derby worthy of Banger racing. Not my idea of what is supposed to be professional motorsport. Why would anyone want to enter a well prepared car into that championship with the high level of risk of extreme damage. Crackers.

Needless to say I won't be putting myself out to watch it again.

Dave McD (aka Miserable B of Retford)

Hi Dave,

Isn't funny how two different perspectives give two completely different opinions.

All of the reasons why you didn't like it are the reasons that I did like it. I didn't sit there thinking about why they drive the way they do or why anyone would enter their well prepared car in such a race. That's beyond my control.

I simply enjoyed the excitement provided by the close racing and will certainly be going back for more.

Cheers,

Sean