10 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Not self parking, earlier wiper motor in the correct position. I think the wipers are parked at the correct side for a RHD car, but have the wrong cranked arms. If the arms were cranked the other way so the wipers sat nicely along the bottom of the screen frame I think you would find that they would clear more of the screen on the drivers side.

All pictures I've seen of RHD cars have them parked on the right (drivers) side, so maybe the arms are correct. My TR4a wipers park on the drivers side, which makes it easier to lean out and push them down when they get stuck on a dry screen :) (I've recently changed to a TR6 motor, but they still stick when parking...)

Brian

6 hours ago, billy l said:

Hi Ralph,Is there an anomaly in the wiring diagrams, in the ones that I have it shows power coming from a fuse to the fuel guage then forward into the wiper switch, through the switch when switched on and then into the wiper motor then earth. this does not tally with the wiper switch earthing out the wiper motor as in mine and your car, ( or am I beeing a bit thick)  cheers, Bill.

The diagrams you have must be for the non self parking motors. The self parking wipers require a permanent live for the self park to work hence they are wired differently.

As regards the two wires, the second wire might run off to power something else when the ignition is on.

.Ralph

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, David Owen said:

Question.  Do the self parking wipers complete their cycle with the ignition off?

Not normally. When the ignition is off it should cut the power to the wipers.

Ralph.