14 hours ago, lee said:

Despite being off the road since 85 has it had a log book issued in that time? 

Yes, log book issued to me when I bought it in 2002 and held until I applied to remove the cherished plate earlier this year. They inspected and noticed the replacement commission plate, asked me some questions then withdrew the v5c from me. I'm running an appeal with them at present rather than just giving up on the car history.

3 hours ago, boogie said:

Yes, log book issued to me when I bought it in 2002 and held until I applied to remove the cherished plate earlier this year. They inspected and noticed the replacement commission plate, asked me some questions then withdrew the v5c from me. I'm running an appeal with them at present rather than just giving up on the car history.

It’s a minefield 

I had to apply for a replacement log book for my RS2000 recently which hasn’t taxed since 83. Was already in my name but felt sure questions would be asked especially with the type of car, (they’re really hot on these). Luckily it arrived promptly but I wonder if I’ll have an issue come taxing it after its resto 

If your RS2000 is of a MOT and Tax exempt age, why not register it as Historic and tax it FOC?

May not be the best advice but I'm sure others will advise!

Meanwhile, if it is Calypso Green, I'd love to know what a modern colour match is. I had a 79 Transit of that colour, well for a few years before the rust came through it, and I'd like to paint a trailer in the same colour for nostalgia. Unfortunately my attempts have been thwarted by Ford using the same name but different shade in USA.

Regards

Bill 

My mate had a devil of a job registering his RS2000 and was visited 3 times by a DVLA inspector.  They seem to be paranoid about cars being cloned, rung or incorrectly registered.

And he was directly challenged over rust free South African parts he had fitted as they were very slightly different to UK spec!   

11 hours ago, Hawk said:

My mate had a devil of a job registering his RS2000 and was visited 3 times by a DVLA inspector.  They seem to be paranoid about cars being cloned, rung or incorrectly registered.

And he was directly challenged over rust free South African parts he had fitted as they were very slightly different to UK spec!   

Wow. That’s a worry.  But I have heard similar stories. 

was it an import he was trying to register or simply bought one and changing to his name?  Or taxing it? 

• 3 months later...

I should have updated this thread a few weeks ago, but daily life got in the way.

As mentioned previously, Graham took up my plight and we eventually managed to get in an inspection of my car. I also took some photos of the originally fitted engine which fortunately is still in my son's garage (at the house we used to live in and he bought). Graham and Derek managed to evidence all of the information to the satisfaction of the DVLA and I'm now back in possession of the V5c they took away from me. I must pass on a huge thanks to both Graham and Derek for being so patient with me, so helpful and for ultimately sorting out what was a huge problem, and causing me so much concern and sleepless nights.

Ironically after all of this, the V5c came back with the correct commission number (the D replaced with an O), but they hadn't updated the engine number. I was really nervous sending it back for the correction but decided it needed to be right so off it went. It came back in little under 2 weeks with the correct engine number.

I'd like to reiterate Graham's post in TR Action, check your V5c and notify the DVLA of any discrepancy no matter how insignificant it may seem now. Don't make my mistake and think it'll be straightforward and you'll be believed.

Now, am I brave enough to start the removal of the cherished number process again???!!!???