The wonder of fresh oil

Hi all,

Changed the oil. Last oil change was approx. 3000 miles ago (albeit hard miles doing the 10 countries rally.)  

Just an observation, oil pressure has increase by 5psi across the board. Wasn't low in the first place, but interesting observation.

Tim

Nowt better then an oil change for an engine, all that lovely fresh clean oil between the moving parts, makes you feel good saying it

59 minutes ago, Tim D. said:

Hi all,

Changed the oil. Last oil change was approx. 3000 miles ago (albeit hard miles doing the 10 countries rally.)  

Just an observation, oil pressure has increase by 5psi across the board. Wasn't low in the first place, but interesting observation.

Tim

That's about the same pressure increase as I get with fresh 20W50 in my Triumphs.

Nigel

1 hour ago, Nigel Triumph said:

That's about the same pressure increase as I get with fresh 20W50 in my Triumphs.

Nigel

Yes Nigel regular changes must make a difference, and particularly important too when using mineral oil I would've thought.

Did Triumph ever offer an oil cooler as a factory option on the TR's. Some cars of the day had them. My Cooper S has one as standard, and I remember the MGB having one also. Maybe the Lotus Cortina?

Kevin