Bosch pump replacement parts availability

In my experience of the Gates R14 hose it is not as elastic / flexible as the older spec hose , possibly due to the internal layers that give resistance to the emissions of ethanol containing fuels. As a result it would  not be as accommodating  of mismatches in pipe/hose dimensions. Why not give Carl at TR Trader a call, as he is now handling Malcolm’s PI kit ( still with a 12mm inlet pump ),  and ask what he uses. 
Ian

Robin, if you really are using a Jubilee-style hose clamp then that may be your problem. In my experience they don't apply a uniform compression around a hose. Worse still, they're absolutely pants if you re-use them. I would suggest you try a pukka fuel hose clip or, if you can get one small enough, a Mikalor-style clamp.

Richard,  I think you may well be onto something with the type of clamps
- I did originally consider looking for a better quality clamp, but it subsequently slipped my mind and I just went with what had always worked before ....

I am now pretty convinced that the newer Ethanol resistant hoses are less elastic and thus a lot less forgiving than the older rubber hoses.

It looks like a lot of the 'mini' clamps that are sold as 'EFI fuel clamps'  don't go up to a large enough size for the 12mm / 1/2" hose.
What does anyone reckon about these for the job ?  https://www.autopartswholesalers.com.au/products/hose-clamps/norma/normaclamp-gbs-heavy-duty-hose-clamps/normaclamp-gbs-heavy-duty-hose-clamps

Unless there's any negative opinions or better alternatives, I will go ahead and order some of these.

Thanks for all of the input to date
Robin C.

35 minutes ago, RobinC said:

Richard,  I think you may well be onto something with the type of clamps
- I did originally consider looking for a better quality clamp, but it subsequently slipped my mind and I just went with what had always worked before ....

I am now pretty convinced that the newer Ethanol resistant hoses are less elastic and thus a lot less forgiving than the older rubber hoses.

It looks like a lot of the 'mini' clamps that are sold as 'EFI fuel clamps'  don't go up to a large enough size for the 12mm / 1/2" hose.
What does anyone reckon about these for the job ?  https://www.autopartswholesalers.com.au/products/hose-clamps/norma/normaclamp-gbs-heavy-duty-hose-clamps/normaclamp-gbs-heavy-duty-hose-clamps

Unless there's any negative opinions or better alternatives, I will go ahead and order some of these.

Thanks for all of the input to date
Robin C.

Look good. When you order them you'll have to make sure they match your hose OD- there's not much adjustment in them compared to jubilee clamps.

5 hours ago, RobinC said:

What does anyone reckon about these for the job ?

Yep, those Norma clamps are the sort of thing I meant. I don't know of a generic name, but Mikalor make them too. Just like Hoover make vacuum cleaners.

Cheers, Richard

21678-622x800.png

OK, so some additional research around Porsche & VW forums reveals that the 'correct' hose for use with the 12mm Bosch inlet spigot is a metric 11.5mm I/D hose.

So far, the only manufacturer for this hose that I have been able to identify is Cohline (German ? ). Product ID 2240.1019
It appears to be available from several suppliers in the UK, but several seem to show 'out of stock'
These people appear to have it in stock https://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/115mm-id-12100-bio-fuel-hose-diesel--petrol-22401019-2016-p.asp

Next nearest thing seems to be Codan (Danish ?) who do an 11.0mm hose - looks like that could be available locally here in AU.

I guess I'm not quite so concerned about permeability, since I currently have that hose external. 

Anyway, thought that was interesting, but it doesn't sound like anyone else is experienceing this issue