5/8th's UNF or 18 npt ? Oil temperature sensor?

I require some guidance & advice please - I'm fitting a Smiths oil temperature gauge  to my TR250 and require a sensor (TT4806-00) - which thread is it?  I guess it's UNF and not NPT and where's best to fit it?  I'm also obtaining a voltage stabiliser to reduce to 10v.   Philip

Hi Bob - Yes, that hadn't crossed my mind until I started looking at the wiring!  Do you know where's the best location for the sensor if there's more than one? 

Hi Tom - I take your point but I'm running triple webers on a Stage 2 head and had considered an oil cooler but was persuaded that it wasn't necessary. Accordingly, I've decided to fit an oil temp gauge to see what temperatures are reached. If then required I'll fit an oil cooler, but acknowledge your view.  Thank you. Philip

Oh - didn't know you were running a 150+ BHP spec engine. Me too ( with Webers of course ) and have a 16 row cooler with 'stat on the driver, mainly because I hate to see the pressure drop below ~60psi @2000 rpm, as it will after 30-40 minutes on the highway. This isn't really a cause for concern, just my fanaticism. Anyway, the cooler takes care of that and pressure never drops below 65 psi @2000 rpm since, and the block has 132K miles on it.

Several pundits have weighed in suggesting that the oil never really gets up to optimum temperature in these engines on the road. 

Tom

Cheers Tom - all noted.  Just gotta find out how to wire-up my gauge & sensor then see what readings I get.  Thank you. Philip