Shelsley Walsh 15.8.20 video

Hi this is my Shelsley video

shows the other TR’s in the class and some other paddock shots. 
together with a trip back down the hill to the paddock that isn’t often shown hope you like it

Great video Hamish, and nicely driven. Couple of questions....

I noticed you used overdrive coming up to the first S and again on the final straight. I couldn't see what revs you were pulling, so was that to keep it in the optimum power band or to stop it over revving? What does it safely rev to? Shame these boxes don't like changing down to rapidly! I felt it was costing you a bit?

We had to fit a transponder in our oval cars for lap timing. Do they use the same method?

Are you permitted to take weight out of the car, i.e no carpets, some of the trim out and just enough fuel to get up/ down the course etc?

Kevin

Thank Kevin

i use OD 3rd as it’s over revving Towards 6k and it buys me 5/600 revs for those few extra yards at the steepest parts. 
OD 3rd is a quicker more reliable change Than to 4th especially when the bottom esses is second gear. I tried 4th on on one of the runs and I took too long going via 3rd to 2nd !!

I have had better change downs without the lock up. 

timing is via a standard strut on the front of the car breaking timing beams across the track.

as for adding lightness you can do that but our regs say you need certain refinements and we use classes for fairly standard road going driven to events,. Modified Road going, and full race. Each one of these is split into a power weight category.

im road going modified <130bhp/tonne. 

all good fun.

Here is a picture of my run stats

A bit like F1, if I could put all the best sector times into one run I may be able to get into the late 40’s

3DD8E52A-FE5D-4496-AFBE-4D5C0483C577.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Excellent video Hamish

Never mind the axle ratio and tyres, I clearly had the rev limiter set too low so wasn't in the real power band on changing up. We'll sort that for next time!

A great day

Cheers

Phil

So glad you enjoyed it Phil. It was a good day.

shelsely is a “steep” learning curve and I have a long way to go before I’ll be comfortable with it.

curborough on the Sunday was v wet so you had the best of it.

see you on the hill sometime 

H