Surry Top- Coventry hood and Tonneau Ltd

Hi Guys,

Ordered a Surry top from Dave Lowe in early  July. Spoke to him on the 20th July when he said it was imminent, in the sewing room.

Unfortunately I have not been able to make any further contact with him since. Tried telephoning at various times of the day. I don't want to look for an alternative supplier, but am wondering if Telford is perhaps under lock down? Should have thought there would have been some communication possible though?

Anybody know if there is a problem.

Don't want to reorder and can wait a while. As I need a top with surplus material at the front in Navy Everflex, who are the other recommended suppliers

Rich

Hi Rich

I spoke to them last week they said they were having their 2 week summer shut down and will be back first week in September, I am thinking of ordering one myself will be interested to know what the quality and fit are like.

Cheers Chris

I have had an unfinished black vinyl one from CHT and quality looks very good, made and delivered within 5 days, but not yet fitted.

Tim

1 hour ago, Chris Hubball said:

Hi Rich

I spoke to them last week they said they were having their 2 week summer shut down and will be back first week in September, I am thinking of ordering one myself will be interested to know what the quality and fit are like.

Cheers Chris

I had one from them it was good

Stuart.

RIMG0048.thumb.JPG.3f3f03a923b32fbd87159c4646f5fc7a.JPG

Hi Stuart

My original surrey top is 57 years old and now leaking along the seams and appears to be made from leatherett and lined in a cream fabric is the one you show constructed the same or is it just unlined black vinyl.

Cheers Chris.

OK, that's good to know. I will get back to them in September when my ordered top should be ready. Meanwhile plenty do do on my 4A restoration.

Rich

5 hours ago, Chris Hubball said:

Hi Stuart

My original surrey top is 57 years old and now leaking along the seams and appears to be made from leatherett and lined in a cream fabric is the one you show constructed the same or is it just unlined black vinyl.

Cheers Chris.

That one is Everflex with a light grey backing IIRC

Stuart.

Hi Chris, the one I've ordered from Coventry Hood and Tonneau  is 'Everflex', and has a light grey backing. As they were recommended and used by Stuart, should be a good product. Looks good on Stuart's car so it's good enough for me.

Cheers

Rich

1 hour ago, rvwp said:

Hi Chris, the one I've ordered from Coventry Hood and Tonneau  is 'Everflex', and has a light grey backing. As they were recommended and used by Stuart, should be a good product. Looks good on Stuart's car so it's good enough for me.

Cheers

Rich

Thats not my car, its a customers one.

Stuart.

The fit and finish of the Surrey fabric will be primarily based on the quality of the patterns used, the machinist's/cutter's skill, the maker's quality assurance and product inspection.

Martrim offer 'Everflex'  I do not know if it has the biege colour fabric, most these days are black fabric.

https://www.martrim.co.uk/car-trimming-supplies/everflex-vinyl-pvc-hooding.php

Peter W