Air filter hoses on Pi

I’m just fitting the radiator shroud on my 1972 pi
Where should the two air intake hoses that are the input to the air filter be mounted? I’m unclear whether the two intakes should be pointing towards the grill (say) or up into the engine bay. Moss show a retaining clip but it’s unclear to me what it should be attached to. 

Thanks

Mark

33F98754-3B52-4749-AE16-C97B45B3B58D.jpeg

F2348A29-C8F5-4270-8B33-D68D33C70465.jpeg

4BE128A5-0025-4669-A646-0FACA90BFFF7.jpeg

2 hours ago, mark_smugglers said:

I’m just fitting the radiator shroud on my 1972 pi
Where should the two air intake hoses that are the input to the air filter be mounted? I’m unclear whether the two intakes should be pointing towards the grill (say) or up into the engine bay. Moss show a retaining clip but it’s unclear to me what it should be attached to. 

Thanks

Mark

33F98754-3B52-4749-AE16-C97B45B3B58D.jpeg

F2348A29-C8F5-4270-8B33-D68D33C70465.jpeg

4BE128A5-0025-4669-A646-0FACA90BFFF7.jpeg

Here you go Mark. image.jpeg.68b3bc2ad885f35c2cbe04c16afd69aa.jpeg

I know it’s correct, but I still can’t quite fathom the position of the hoses, especially give the issues around getting enough air to 5 and 6. You would have thought some ram would help. I have shortened mine by 5 inch’s or so and left them above that lower aperture.

1 hour ago, Yarm 783 said:

I know it’s correct, but I still can’t quite fathom the position of the hoses, especially give the issues around getting enough air to 5 and 6. You would have thought some ram would help. I have shortened mine by 5 inch’s or so and left them above that lower aperture.

I've never seen the point of these hoses. Long gone on mine and  my filter housing has been rotated 180 degrees to pick up cold air from alongside the driver's side mudguard'

1 hour ago, Yarm 783 said:

How did you fix the filter Mike, wouldn't that have moved the fixing plate that attached to the radiators and strut to the opposite side?

No, the filter's on the same side as the inlet manifold , fixed with a clamp on the base of the filter to the radiator frame. The brace strut goes over it. I don't have a photo down here and the car is garaged 100 odd miles away. I'll take a photo when I can get out of this CV19 lockdown.

On 8/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, Yarm 783 said:

How did you fix the filter Mike, wouldn't that have moved the fixing plate that attached to the radiators and strut to the opposite side?

This is the way my filter housing is mounted. It gives the engine access to clean,  dense air in the front, RH corner of the engine bay. No  changes to the fixing plate were required.

100_7453 (2).JPG