Diane Pringle: her final journey is on 3rd September

A date for Diane's funeral has now been set but due to Covid 19 the number of people who can attend is strictly limited to 30 people.  Obviously family and close friends will take precedence on the day but Tom Pringle has suggested  that if anyone else would like to pay their respects  either in a in a TR the local school recreation ground would be able to host a picnic  or if there is inclement weather on the day then it might be possible to arrange a meal at the George pub in the market square  subject to social distancing. ( Diane and Alec's local was the Butt of Sherry but I'm told that will be closed).

Tom is quite happy to have TR's follow the hearse to the church but anyone who knows Mere will know the streets are rather narrow and parking can be difficult. It has been suggested that if anyone does wish to attend in their car then they should make their way towards the school  and park on the gravel area by the bowls club/cricket ground  in Springfield Rd,  BA12 6EW.  The hearse will leave the cricket club at 10.30 so people should aim to arrive there by 10.00 am. 

I know it would help Tom enormously if  people could let me know if they intend to  come. The date is THURSDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER  and the funeral service is at 11.00 am. Please either PM or call me  if you have my number to let me know your intentions so i can pass details onto Tom.   I will of course post more details on this thread as and when I have them. 

Hoges. 

Thanks Paul,

I'd like to add this convoy behind the hearse is in initial stages of planning and I've put it out there before its been fully authorized, the council have accepted the idea in principal, but We need to keep the numbers under 30, this is people rather than cars. so 15-30 cars, obviously depending on number in the cars. 

We can have use of toilet facilities at the cricket club. We will need mobile numbers to confirm any track and trace covid aspects in regards to the use of these.

I appreciate Mere isn't near anywhere, stuck in the wilds of Wiltshire. But there is plenty to do near by, this is a brief convey in the morning, use the afternoon to go to Haynes motor museum, Longleat, Fleet air arm, Stourhead gardens or Shaftesbury town, all within 20-30 minutes. All places my mum loved.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by tr7v8
2 hours ago, tr7v8 said:

Thanks Paul,

I'd like to add this convoy behind the hearse is in initial stages of planning and I've put it out there before its been fully authorized, the council have accepted the idea in principal, but We need to keep the numbers under 30, this is people rather than cars. so 15-30 cars, obviously depending on number in the cars. 

We can have use of toilet facilities at the cricket club. We will need mobile numbers to confirm any track and trace covid aspects in regards to the use of these.

I appreciate Mere isn't near anywhere, stuck in the wilds of Wiltshire. But there is plenty to do near by, this is a brief convey in the morning, use the afternoon to go to Haynes motor museum, Longleat, Fleet air arm, Stourhead gardens or Shaftesbury town, all within 20-30 minutes. All places my mum loved.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom I’d just like to express my sincere condolences on the passing of you Mum one of life’s characters,RIP Diane.

Thanks for the update, Paul and Tom. 

I'll be with you guys in spirit.  Diane would have appreciated this, I'm sure.