TR5 door mirror

Hi

still rummaging around the garage come across a winguard door mirror for my 5

was going to buy new ones from moss when the time comes anybody got experience on these ones from Moss, or should i start the hunt for a winguard one

not bothered about being anal (as the car will not be in the concours haha) with the door mirror and mine has minor blemishes on the chrome

Conrad i know you have one but how do i change that glass, just missed two mirrors for £16 and £56 

whats your thoughts

david

Morning Dave, 

A bit of Patina is a good thing, but obviously a good rear view is important. 

A good Glass man would make a new mirror,  but you woukd have to measure it accurately!   I have asked a mate who has a glass company, but havent done it yet.

I bid on ebay too, then forgot to watch it, a cold beer or two got in the way   !!

Conrad.

cheers Conrad

well beer is important especially after bidding on ebay

i think people get carried away on ebay and you find yourself bidding a fortune i stop at the point that i think what its worth, the wife said just keep going i once put her in charge of a tr5 badge bid as i was travelling back home i managed to stop her at £275 she said she was going to to bid £400 ahhhhhhhhhhhh, in 1976 an original TR6 cost my brother £725 hahahaha

thought £16 for one was great but i was at work and lost track of time

keep me informed on the glass

PS found my plenum chamber for the injection

Dave

Good to hear that you are now restoring your 5 , its such a great car once done. !

Ebay is what i call an evil necessity  ! Can make you laugh and can make you cry  !

Happy bidding, 

Cheers,  

Conrad.

• 2 months later...

Hi Conrad,

I ordered a pair of replacement convex mirror glass for the Gam105's fitted to my 4A (flat are useless) from DG Bull Glass Services Ltd  in Worthing yesterday, arrived today. Cost £14 inc postage.

Luke at DG told me they can cut mirror glass for any door/wing/rear mirror.

Regards

Rich