Body Tub Brushable Seam Sealant Suggestions

Having removed all the factory seam sealant and now got the body repaired and about to be primed, I now need to put back the seam sealant.

U-Pol Tigerseal has been suggested but that's not brushable and uses a mastic gun. As I'm quite keen on brushing a sealant right into the cracks, any suggestions?

Having watched body shells for production cars and Heritage being seam sealed, the technique was squirt on a bead with a cartridge gun then smear Into the gap with a paint brush.  

Peter W

2 hours ago, Richard Pope said:

Having removed all the factory seam sealant and now got the body repaired and about to be primed, I now need to put back the seam sealant.

U-Pol Tigerseal has been suggested but that's not brushable and uses a mastic gun. As I'm quite keen on brushing a sealant right into the cracks, any suggestions?

If you're every down in Newhaven , Sussex Auto-paints do or can get a brushable seam sealer ( in standard grey) . Tiger seal is the latest method, but for the traditional appearance, the conventional brushable sealant is the best choice. They can deliver also as you are in Sussex.

Kevin

I got my brushable sealer from a company that sells many products for professional body shops (I’m not a pro). I was surprised how well it stuck and also how it smootened out after brushing. Used a brush too, and where needed 2 layers. Magic stuff, and the 1K primer held well on it.
Waldi

On 8/13/2020 at 8:13 PM, Waldi said:

I got my brushable sealer from a company that sells many products for professional body shops

Any brand name or link, please?

Otherwise the eBay stuff seems fine so thanks for the suggestions.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, boxofbits said:

If you're every down in Newhaven , Sussex Auto-paints do

Thanks Kevin. I assume you mean https://www.paintstoresussex.co.uk/ , not too far from me as well.