On 8/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, Hamish said:

Hi this is my Shelsley video

also in motorsport section

shows the other TR’s in the class and some other paddock shots. 
together with a trip back down the hill to the paddock that isn’t often shown hope you like it

just watched your impressive runs "up the hill" and I was surprised at (what I assume is) your oil pressure gauge reading. Do you run it that high all the time?

Intrigued of Bromsgrove....

5 minutes ago, Nigel C said:

just watched your impressive runs "up the hill" and I was surprised at (what I assume is) your oil pressure gauge reading. Do you run it that high all the time?

Intrigued of Bromsgrove....

Hi Nigel

glad you liked my very ammeteur attempts both film and driving.

the oil pressure is normally 50 at idle rising to 70 when properly underway.
been that way whilst I’ve had it 4 years now !!

• 3 months later...

Hi folks

i have today added another of dads films for your enjoyment 

it’s corny and “of the time” and again I amazed at the circle of friends he moved in. As all those filmed were his mates. 

check out the narrative that goes with the film.

Edited by Hamish
Sp

Terrific.

have really enjoyed watching these films - did they ever visit Boreham in Essex for races there at all?

Cheers

Ian

1 hour ago, TR8IAN said:

Terrific.

have really enjoyed watching these films - did they ever visit Boreham in Essex for races there at all?

Cheers

Ian

I don’t know I’m sorry to say. 

but glad you all like them. 

Hello Hamish

That was wonderful and life looked so much better then with less restrictions!

I remember seeing the Ferrari Breadvan at Spa Classic about 3 years ago and being driven hard as it should be!

I am hoping to go to the Spa 6 hours this year fingers crossed!!!!!

Roger 

DSC00683.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

it’s officially the weekend so this time its VSCC from 1973, and at the end of the year I was 10. vintage cars being used as they were designed and more. Driving tests, sprints, circuits and the Welsh trial. From toppling 750cc Austin to crashing 24000cc Bentley 

hope you enjoy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi it’s me again. 

this is only the second event of this years club championship (Sunday’s Curborough fig of 8) the first being goodwood on the Saturday. 
shaun in the full race dolly sprint did both. !!

I suffered a miss fire on the first run but it cleared by the end of the first practice run. 
I changed dizzy cap and plug leads anyway as I took spares. 

first attempt at 2 cameras and not overly happy with the results. Don’t have equipment or software to do a proper job. 

I guess you are pretty fully occupied most of the time Hamish but don't you find the wildly oscillating speedo and, particularly tacho needles a bit distracting in your peripheral vision? I overhauled my instruments following Smiths recommendations in their 'Care of Instruments' guide and the transformation was remarkable - steady readings! Unfortunately the guide is 6MB so too big to attach here but if interested PM me your email address and I will send.

Tim 

21 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

I guess you are pretty fully occupied most of the time Hamish but don't you find the wildly oscillating speedo and, particularly tacho needles a bit distracting in your peripheral vision? I overhauled my instruments following Smiths recommendations in their 'Care of Instruments' guide and the transformation was remarkable - steady readings! Unfortunately the guide is 6MB so too big to attach here but if interested PM me your email address and I will send.

Tim 

Hi tim

the Speedo isn’t too bad really. But the Rev counter does bounce around a bit but not too distracting you get a feel for the revs even though it’s the top end 5k + 

but I’ll pm you for the info  thanks

H