Restoration Show at Stoneleigh.

Hello All, i have had notification from the Organisers of the above Event, re Booking  Stand.

The date is the 25th October 2020.

I am wondering about the general feeling is about attending, obviously we havent had anything for a while and we do need to have some fun !

They tell me that it will be more spread out, bigger ailes and more entrances and exits. 

Conrad.

As I'm now 81, even though with no medical conditions to worry about, unless I have been injected with a trustworthy vaccine a couple of weeks (perhaps a month) beforehand, I won't be chancing it.

Ian Cornish

Nope, won’t be there!

why add to the potential risk of exposing yourself to covid?

if you have a stand, would you be happy with reduced entry, less potential customers etc etc...

thos year should just be written off, along with the classic motor show at NEC

Tom

Sensible comments thankyou.....i was thinking on the same lines myself, but the lure of the show is the devil whispering in my ear.!!

I too think that the attendance would be down and it wasnt great last year, before all this happened.

Thankyou for the replies.

Conrad.

Parts sales for classic cars have been moving from stalls at events to phone/online mail order for a while. I think it's inevitable that the covid pandemic will accelerate this change. Why would a customer put himself at risk by going to a show for parts when he can sit at home in front of his computer, scour the internet for what he needs, then have it delivered to his door within a day or two?

Nigel

6 hours ago, Nigel Triumph said:

Parts sales for classic cars have been moving from stalls at events to phone/online mail order for a while. I think it's inevitable that the covid pandemic will accelerate this change. Why would a customer put himself at risk by going to a show for parts when he can sit at home in front of his computer, scour the internet for what he needs, then have it delivered to his door within a day or two?

Nigel

Notwithstanding Covid, I would much rather travel to a show, browse and chat to the stall holders and view the cars on display rather than be sat for hours in front of a ruddy computer!

As soon as safe and permitted I shall be back at the shows!

Kevin

55 minutes ago, boxofbits said:

Notwithstanding Covid, I would much rather travel to a show, browse and chat to the stall holders and view the cars on display rather than be sat for hours in front of a ruddy computer!

As soon as safe and permitted I shall be back at the shows!

Kevin

I completely get that, and personally, I really enjoy the social aspect of shows. But the majority of classic car owners are both male and over 50, making us more at risk of serious symptoms and hospitalization.

Until most of us have been vaccinated against covid, I feel parts sales will mainly be online.

Nigel

2 hours ago, Nigel Triumph said:

I completely get that, and personally, I really enjoy the social aspect of shows. But the majority of classic car owners are both male and over 50, making us more at risk of serious symptoms and hospitalization.

Until most of us have been vaccinated against covid, I feel parts sales will mainly be online.

Nigel

True Nigel, for the foreseeable future and into spring 2021 at least !

On 8/14/2020 at 10:26 AM, openroad said:

Sensible comments thankyou.....i was thinking on the same lines myself, but the lure of the show is the devil whispering in my ear.!!

I too think that the attendance would be down and it wasnt great last year, before all this happened.

Thankyou for the replies.

Conrad.

Hi Conrad, I would not trust going, especially at my age and you are not a lot younger. I understand that the Newark Autojumble in your neck of the woods is not going to happen tomorrow now, yet I passed a very big car boot sale  on the A60 near Harlow Wood yesterday. Could be the difference between indoors and outdoors events.

Could be that if Newark gets any worse you could be quarantined yourself shortly being in the Newark and Sherwood  Council area.

STAY SAFE

Regards 

Rex

On 8/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, ntc said:

I would save your money David those times are in the past and it will be some time before they are back 

Neil, Who's David?

On 8/14/2020 at 10:55 AM, Nigel Triumph said:

Parts sales for classic cars have been moving from stalls at events to phone/online mail order for a while. 

Nigel

Nigel,

At my less than youthful stage of life I won't be risking a show just yet - but you can't beat that opportunity to search various stalls with  the potential to find that elusive part at a bargain price and then barter with the stallholder - you don't get that on the internet.

Like Kevin I'd much rather go to a show than sit in front of a computer but just not this year.

Dave McD