CSCC Snetterton Sat 15th August

Enjoy the day Dave!  I've decided to write this season off entirely - not sure yet whether I'm missing it or not!!!

I'll follow on TSL - the weather forecast is mixed - normal for Snett! ( I think I can remember it being pleasantly warm, and no howling gale there, once,  in my many years of going there!!)

Have fun and go for it!

Alan

Edited by alan57

Mike,

I think your prediction was a little optimistic, even unrealistic. I was pleased enough with 8th in qualifying.

Yellowperil (real name?? and why yellow when the car pictured, which I assume is yours, is Magenta?)

Firstly thanks to both you and your colleagues for giving up your time to Marshall so that we can have fun, which I did in huge amounts.

I had an epic race long battle with a Lotus Elan, passed it a couple of times but couldn't make it stick and crossed the line behind him in 5th, despite a late race spin, but still very pleased. Later on when at home I found that I had been elevated to 3rd when a Datsun 240Z and Sunbeam Tiger were both disqualified for overtaking before the start line after a 4 lap Safety Car period. I thought disqualification was harsh, a 30 second penalty would have sufficed in my view, but they should all know the Regs. Mark Campbell, in his TR5, accomplished a win in his first race after an almost 3 year absence.

Alan,

Well you hint at inclement weather at Snetterton but it seems that today has surpassed any previous event with biblical rain flooding the track at the bottom of the start/finish straight together with the pit lane, parts of the paddock and into the race control office. See CSCC Facebook page. (I'm not a Facebook user and not clever enough to put a link on here!) Meeting abandoned just after 4-00pm.

If you were there Marshalling today Yellowperil you must have  been drenched?

Dave McD