Hardtop Backlight fixing studs

Something in the back my mind is telling me that TR5's only have the 4 rearmost fixing studs on the hardtop backlight, the front 2  are only for 4/4a anybody tell me if this is correct, the back window i have has both the front studs snapped off and don't want to struggle to get them out only to find I don't need them anyway 

Wrong, I think. You need the front 2, the next 2 miss the deck due to the 5 deck being waisted, and the remaining ones are needed.

Wait for confirmation though.

Cheers,

Tim

Ah just been back out to the garage for a re count, so I have the 5 (not 4) across the back, then forward of this on each side I have a broken stud and then on top of the b post I have 2 vacant holes, so should I bother getting the broken studs out ? 

25 minutes ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Graham,       no,      you're good to go as is.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob

+1

Tim

Unlikely they are broken studs Graham, take a look |I'll bet they have been hacksawed roughly off to allow the studs not to interfere with the narrower section forward deck arms on all TRs after the TR4 which had wider forward deck arms and the studs went through it. The TR4 had the build your own hood arrangement which folds inside the wider forward deck arms, but all the later TR4a/5/6 had the folded hood frame stored there...which took up more space and so the forward deck arms were scalloped out into a narrower section to allow the frame space.

Mick Richards

You might want to check to see if your forward deck extensions have the captive nuts welded in them or your going to have to fit rivnuts.

Stuart.