Paint finish behind Grill

Hi All,

Does anyone have a picture showing the outline of where I believe the satin black paintwork should be behind the grill on a TR6. My car is having a respay shortly (signal red), so would like to know. Might as well have it right.

Regards,

Vince. 

I did mine at the start of lockdown

7E4A69A7-9D32-4C36-9DFA-FD5833476CDA.thumb.jpeg.70015356c0952828f4955a227bf3d63b.jpeg2914891B-D03D-4AD9-A7A1-AB106CA38CDE.thumb.jpeg.8af51d8d9d59fb5566a03b0bcc0c0763.jpeg

Hitching onto this thread for a TR4A.

does the same apply for the 4a ? I’ve always assumed it was all body colour behind the grill. is that correct? 
Have just googled for pictures and advice but cannot find anything so comments would be helpful to my project. Currently at primer.

thanks , David B

30 minutes ago, cp25616 said:

Vince it was matt black not satin black that was applied when these fine cars were new.

Alan G

Yes and by all accounts they applied it with a spade the finish was that bad 

On 8/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, David B2 said:

Hitching onto this thread for a TR4A.

does the same apply for the 4a ? I’ve always assumed it was all body colour behind the grill. is that correct? 
Have just googled for pictures and advice but cannot find anything so comments would be helpful to my project. Currently at primer.

thanks , David B

I think the early cars were body colour, but I'm no concours entrant. To my mind black is better.

Jerry