Reply Order Within a Post

Hi, simple question I hope.

When a post is up and running the order is first post at the top and you have to scroll down to the bottom to view the latest reply. Is there any way to set this up so the latest reply is at the top ie in descending order. I can`t seem to find a way to do this?

Thanks, Colin.

If you want to read the last one first, just click on the post title, right hand side in this example:

Post.thumb.jpg.d606bab93c8f30a40da2f082f825c0fd.jpg

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

If you want to go to the last unread post straight away, beside the post you want to read is a black dot or a black star. Press that and it will go to the last unread post, assuming you are logged in.

Hi Colin,

the simple answer to your quest is  -  no.

It is possible to go to all the last posts but the will remain in chronological order - oldest first.

I'm sure the programme compilers could recompile the site but nobody else is after this.

Roger

Thanks Roger yes understand now. Kevo & Bob have shown me they way forward which is much better than scrolling all the way down and working out which ones you have already looked at. Cheers to all.

PS Roger which part of 4 miles North of Heathrow are you from?

Colin.

5 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Colin,

I'm in Hayes for my sins. Just North of the town.

Roger

Nothing wrong with Hayes . . . . .well, not a lot, I know a very nice lady, used to live in Hayes; Fairdale Gdns neck of the woods, if I remember correctly.

She moved to New Denham after the untimely death of her partner . . . . . .all quite a long time ago now, hey ho.

15 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Colin,

I'm in Hayes for my sins. Just North of the town.

Roger

Hi Roger, yes I know Hayes very well. I was born in Greenford and spent my first 16 years there. Cycled there a lot via the A40 (Western Avenue), but bet its all so different now?

Colin. 

Hi Colin,

You would not recognise it. The town centre has everybody from everywhere. It is like the united nations.  But it still has merit.

Middle of the transport hub for the world.

What food do you like - everything within a couple of miles.

Sadly there is not one decent pub. We have to travel for our beer.

There are no decent shops though. If it costs more than cheap you need to go to Uxbridge.

Roger

I used to go to Hayes 3 times a week with Empty  cartons for coffee at Premier foods, is it still up and running, We were told it had been sold for houses, good bunch of lads that used to unload us always had free samples for us and a voucher for breakfast in the canteen.

Mike Redrose Group 

ARE there any decent shops anywhere now? In Eastbourne they built a large and very ugly extension to our existing Arndale Centre. They obviously thought very hard and came up with the hugely uninspiring Beacon Centre!

It opened a couple of years or so ago, but to this day many of the new shops within remain shut - never even taken up. The big players thought it was a corporate money tree like Jack Wills, Fat Face, New Look etc, but shoppers largely avoid it.

Could it be a general malaise on the high streets and more internet shopping ? Partly but not wholly. When we went to Dartmouth the place was brimming with activity from several ' niche' , interesting smaller shops both touristy and conventional. So is Uckfield, but you can't turn Eastbourne into Bluewater. The Prudential who funded it have probably had their fingers burned. 

I remember Chris Pellings, a very interesting motor and cycle accessory shop, local cafes like Lyons that didn't skin you £3.00 for a coffee back then, a bite size Halfords, a Wimpy and Woolies. And there wasn't the blue pullover brigade skulking round the streets waiting to stick a £60 fine on your windscreen. What a pleasure town shopping has become!

PS apologies to original poster for 'off roading' from subject slightly.

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits
10 hours ago, BRENDA1 said:

I used to go to Hayes 3 times a week with Empty  cartons for coffee at Premier foods, is it still up and running, We were told it had been sold for houses, good bunch of lads that used to unload us always had free samples for us and a voucher for breakfast in the canteen.

Mike Redrose Group 

I think they have left Hayes. Can't really remember them as I used to drink Watneys Red Barrel.

Roger

12 minutes ago, RogerH said:

I think they have left Hayes. Can't really remember them as I used to drink Watneys Red Barrel.

Roger

Cor Roger, it was you !

Mick Richards