Halo light conversion.

I am wanting to convert the headlamps on my 6. I plan a few LED changes but the .ain lamps I want to completely replace. Does anyone have any experience with this and if so what model did you use etc. 

Example photo attached. 

Thanks.

Screenshot_20200808-072647_Chrome.jpg

aren't these supplied by Britparts in Shropshire https://www.britpart.com/contact-us

5 hours ago, murrayarnold said:

Was this in the US or Europe. I want to buy a set from a European supplier only

They were from Amazon.co.uk.
They are not handed so work for RHD or LHD.
Halo ring is DRL & Amber indicator. 

lights off.jpg

Edited by SpitFireSIX
added pic
42 minutes ago, SpitFireSIX said:

They were from Amazon.co.uk.
They are not handed so work for RHD or LHD.
Halo ring is DRL & Amber indicator. 

lights off.jpg

Thats exactly what I want. How did the install go. Fitment and electrics. Was it all straight forward 

I have been trolling the Interweb and can't fund any distributors in Europe so far. All are posted from China. And my experience to date here in Croatia as to buying from china is very unreliable. Ebay and amazon so far are both the same. All deliveries from China. Does anyone k ow a european outlet. 

Is IT the ‘look’ you are after, I have just replaced all lights/ indicators for LED, it has made a big difference in terms of clarity/ performance, but kept the original ‘look’?

1 hour ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Sill Gap - what's your name please? Secondly what led bulbs did you use for headlights, I've bought the Cibie lights but not sorted out what bulbs I'm going to use- I don't like the look of these angel eye led lights and prefer stock appearance so not sure about what led bulbs are best.

Michael

This is what some of us are using in the Valeo/Cibie headlamp units

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/latest-led-headlights-h4-philips-z-es-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v

Peter W

Michael, So the control box is supplied, with a lead and extension. I went with the warm white as I didn't think the cool white suits the car, both provide a big plus on standard lighting and even HiDs, IMO. I opted to fit the controller in the engine bay, it was just a little too congested for my liking in the headlamp bowl. The indicator bulbs come with a flasher unit which gives a nice audible click, so I am not left going down the road with my indicators on as often, the dash LEDs make a big impact on clarity. All easy to fit. See photos.

596EB161-3923-4DCA-BD22-CA69B6BFC3B9.jpeg

F480BAB1-99D0-4208-9851-676B015426A5.jpeg

8A55D5D2-6D53-4434-B396-65CDE646EAEB.jpeg

Looks like more folks have experience with led bulb conversions than led halo land rover Discovery headlight conversions? I know a guy who converted an old classic Humber with the angel halos and he said they were simple and the lighting was great - I noticed them as I thought how odd they looked - if you want I can ask him where he got them from?

Michael

46 minutes ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Looks like more folks have experience with led bulb conversions than led halo land rover Discovery headlight conversions? I know a guy who converted an old classic Humber with the angel halos and he said they were simple and the lighting was great - I noticed them as I thought how odd they looked - if you want I can ask him where he got them from?

Michael

Please do sir. Much appreciated. Its a TR6 after all. Not a DB6. And can easily be returned to standard. 

Hi guys. OK I have paid for a pair that I found on-line. Only 120 dollar for the pair. So if they don't fit, I've not lost out much. Not everyone's cup off tea. But hey, its my car I guess. 

Screenshot_20200810-161809_Banggood.jpg