Pedal Shaft Assembly Cover ?

Hi

I have found an oddity with my ‘4 Pedal Shaft Assembly Cover – this covers the pedals & hangs upside-down at the top of the footwell (item 25): the pedal shaft  bracket  (item 39) bolts have been welded, so I cant take it all apart? It’s a good job, not that I’m any judge of welding?

Is this a racing/fast driving dodge? Or?

Curiously , Adrian

diagram.jpg

pedal cover.JPG

Adrian - I think you will find the welded bolt head you can see in the photo is part of the main structure and should be like that - the triangular shaped bracket fits underneath the main bracket and comes off downwards once the pivot bolt is removed - they are usually pretty tight and have to be eased off the main part and then downwards over the securing bolts.

Persevere and you will get there - if you look at my post on the "under £250 for sale etc" forum , you will find some photos which illustrate this - link hopefully here:

Hope this helps 

Cheers Rich

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've been distracted from my True Purpose [a pedal box refurb], but I cant get triangle-trunnion (object 39) to part with base unit (object  25). I havent tried hugely hard admittedly, but applied a good dose of penetrating oil.  Heat (ie: serious heat) next might do it? Suggestions please?

Apologies for these huge pauses.

Adrian

Untitled.gif

Edited by adriantr4
typos
  • 10 months later...

Pedal box refurb complete! It all came apart as expected, then cleaned up, painted & reassembled. One of the pedal shaft bolts was incorrect. For all my ownership activating one of the pedals would move the other, this is now fixed.

This work ties into my brake pipe nut saga - also complete.

Thanks to all.

Adrian

P1010006.JPG