Odd GB Top Cover Lay-out.

Hi Folks,

I did some work on a GB top cover the other day.

Fitted new seals and wedgeloks .  When it was fitted to the GB it went into 2nd gear but would not come out. Panic.

This cover had 3/4th gear OD switch as normal.

The reverse OD switch was on the side as normal.

But, and this threw me, the 1st/2nd selector rod OD switch was position  in the vacant chamber between the gear stick and the main internal gubbins.

The switch sprung ball is operated by a square cut groove in the rod. When I finished I tightened the OD switch and sent it on its way. It all appeared to work.

But !!!!! when 2nd gear was selected there it stopped. 

The OD switch was too deep into the cut-out in the rod and no matter how much force was applied to the gear stick the sprung ball would not ride over the square edge of the cut out.

Thankfully the issue was sorted with extra fibre washers  before any damage was done (except a few tears and a lot of sweat).

So when fitting the OD switches ensure that the gear stick is fully operational. 

Roger