Screen frame rebuild

Can anyone advise what the thread and size of the corner bracket screws is. i.e countersink screw.

I checked the new brackets and screws packs that I bought some tme ago from Moss and two of the screws are missing. 

Also there are three threaded holes on one leg of these brackets what is the third for?

Rod

Hi Rod,

I am pretty sure they are 2 BA. The third hole is for one of the screws that fasten the stanchion  to the frame.

Ralph.

Rod,

This has been discussed recently somewhere on the forum. Full details if you do a search, but from what I remember the modern brackets and screws are metric (M4 or M5)

This causes a bit of a problem because the head is too big to go through the outer part of the frame without modification.

Whatever they are they are a bu99er to fit.

Charlie

Thanks folks, a little nearer to finding out. So aggravating when it is only two screws both Phillips head and slot head in same pack?.

Third third hole is indeed 2 BA as it is the same as the Tenax pins which are labelled as 2 BA. The others are smaller again but no closer to what they are. I know the issue about the frame access slot but they should be able to be stuck to an appropriate screw driver with grease or similar.

Hi gents,

FWIW the screws supplied are definitively M4 as supplied by the usual suspects so 4 M4 and one 2 BA for screen stanchions. Was able to get a pack of 10 off ebay. for £1.19. bargain!

These were slightly long and 0.5mm over size diameter wise with hex screw head. This is a better option rather than slot or cross head. 

Just worked out that the 6 screws for stanchions is £13.00 plus £4 postage, kind of excessive I feel but there you go!

3 hours ago, Rodbr said:

Hi gents,

FWIW the screws supplied are definitively M4 as supplied by the usual suspects so 4 M4 and one 2 BA for screen stanchions. Was able to get a pack of 10 off ebay. for £1.19. bargain!

These were slightly long and 0.5mm over size diameter wise with hex screw head. This is a better option rather than slot or cross head. 

Just worked out that the 6 screws for stanchions is £13.00 plus £4 postage, kind of excessive I feel but there you go!

I used these and cut to length. Under £6.00 delivered for 10

https://www.ebay.com/itm/stainless-unf-raised-countersunk-slotted-pozi-machine-screws-10-32-1-4-/291205420904

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT