Removing the radiator

Ive searched, but not coming up with any previous posts, has anyone found a way of removing a Tr3 Radiator without removing the front Apron?

Not long ago I read a write up of this technique on this Forum. From what I recall the rad comes out from below. At the time I commented that it would be easier to remove the front apron if that’s an option for you.

Best of luck with it - JeffR

Yes it appears to be possible. See the last post in this link which describes how to do it. :

Edited by RobH

I think the only way it might be possible is if the fan has been removed or it gets sacrificed and replaced.

The main issue is the filler neck and angle it must be removed at to clear the thermostat head etc.

So IMHO the answer is no.

if you find a way then please do advise accordingly.

Rod

RobH,

Good luck with it then. I would not like to risk damage to a re-cored rad particularly the starter dog chewing it or spanner slipping while trying to set the fan correctly i.e balance rings etc!.

Yes it is a pain to remove the front apron but if you do lots of tasks at the same time it doesn't seem so bad.

Removing it just makes sense, and Triumph would have found an easier way with less risk if at all possible? Not in any manual that I have!

Well if you follow the link to the old thread I posted above James, you will see that Mike (staffs man) says he has done it and lists the procedure.

If it really only took 1.5 hours it's certainly a lot quicker than taking the front off the car and potentially less damaging to bodywork too. When I did that it took me all day.

Edited by RobH