Indicator Issue

The following issue has occurred with the indicators ('73 CR PI)).

Indicators worked correctly a few days ago. Now ....

1. When operated,  Indicator (column) switch to left, I noticed the nearside (left) indicators (front, side & back)  stayed on - not flashing.  with the switch then to right the offside (right) indicators flashed correctly.  Dash turn indicator light stayed illuminated (lit but not flashing)

2. I checked both (sides) of the front (inner bonnet/ hood)  wiring connections that none were loose etc. , especially as i had done other work in both that area - and maybe disturbed something. Nothing obvious.

3. Returned to the switch, when to left, nearside indicators (now) flashed correctly (!), offside indicators  (now) flashed slowly (i.e about half normal speed). Again checked  connections  - visually & for any signs of looseness. Nothing obvious. Also visually checked connections (light green brown/ green red/ green white ) from steering column/ under-dash wires. All tight.  Dash turn indicator light flashing at correct intervals (i.e as nearside).

4. Checked earth wires at front also.

Any ideas ?'

Thanks.

Just a bad connection somewhere which you have disturbed Barry.  It sounds as though you have the standard bimetallic type indicator flasher unit, which responds to the current drawn by the bulbs - too little current drawn and the flash will be erratic or non-existent.  That can happen if there is a bad connection or if a bulb is failing. The fact your symptoms changed sides after checking the wires sounds more like a bad connection to me. 

Edited by RobH

For the TR6 indicators to work all of the planets must be aligned.. All of the bulbs must work and be of the correct wattage and all of the connections and most important the grounds for the lamp housing must be good. If anything is less than perfect it either wont work at all, wont fash, wont flash at the correct cadence.

Stan

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Thanks for all your responses and assistance.  After much circuit testing, bi-passing cables, switch etc., trying new flasher unit, always came back to front nearside area. Notwithstanding much cleaning of connections again, a piece of the 'live'  (green /red) bullet multi connection fell out !!!. Badly corroded between the rear (hidden) face of the metal retainer and  plastic surround, and partly fell apart. New connector  cured the issue. Changed all others to new.