Life Sucks, Diane and Alec are both characters in their own way , and I use the present term, as even though Alec has gone to the big race in the sky his and Dianes help advice and just good common sence helped me out when I was having a Sh1t  time. Alec and Diane helped me more than they know even though I let them down.

I know Alec is up there arguing the merits of the Audi Quattro with St Peter or wherever Athiest petrolheads end up and when the time comes I know Diane will join him because they are both the best examples of kind helpful people I have known in a while, even if they have a wit as sharp as razors, its what people do not what they say that counts, and they have both helped an awful lot of people.

Send Diane my love and thanks

Alan aka Kiwifrog

Edited by Kiwifrog
1 hour ago, Kiwifrog said:

Life Sucks, Diane and Alec are both characters in their own way , and I use the present term, as even though Alec has gone to the big race in the sky his and Dianes help advice and just good common sence helped me out when I was having a Sh1t  time. Alec and Diane helped me more than they know even though I let them down.

I know Alec is up there arguing the merits of the Audi Quattro with St Peter or wherever Athiest petrolheads end up and when the time comes I know Diane will join him because they are both the best examples of kind helpful people I have known in a while, even if they have a wit as sharp as razors, its what people do not what they say that counts, and they have both helped an awful lot of people.

Send Diane my love and thanks

Alan aka Kiwifrog

Nicely put Kiwifrog, that sums up for a lot of people what they can't say in words...Thankyou.

Mick Richards

Dear Tom,

that is so, so sad. It was always going to happen but it doesn't take away the sadness.

Even when Diane was nursing Alec she knew her chances were slim.

Now Alec and Diane will become star dust and create something new.

RIP Diane

Roger & Sue

Very sad to hear this news, sincere condolences Tom, she will be missed, back with your Dad now and forever .

Stuart.

I never had the good fortune or the privilege to meet your mother Diane or your dadAlec, but I have read his contributions to the Forum and even still want you to know my prayers are with them and you, Tom, God Bless, as we say in Italian, un abbraccio, Alec and Diane, take care, Tom,

David

Tom,

Thankyou for keeping us in touch,... the TR family was your parents and is yours.

Alec and Diane ploughed a furrow that was their own, individual and confrontational at times but always supportive of TR owners and their problems. The penalty of us growing old without dying is seeing your old friends disappearing, we hope that their final moments were as easy as can be borne, and  Diane and Alec are now together again looking down on us saying "don't be a bloody wuss" !

our sympathies Mick and Margaret Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Dam, truly sorry for your loss.

diane will be Alec now, together again

thoughts and best wishes to all

RIP Diane

tom

Tom,

Thank you for letting us know, it couldn't have been easy. I bet Diane is already putting Alec straight on a few things in her own indomitable style. 

Our sincere condolences to you, Colin and the rest of the family.

Andrew & Bev

Ive just got back home after saying my final goodbyes to an old friend. I'd known Diane for at least 43 years and Alec even longer.  They were two of the most opinionated persons you could ever meet and in that vein they were perfect for each other. Out of the many freinds I have made during my time with the register these two were true one off's. It seems unlikely that we will be able to give her the send off she deserves due to covid restrictions but Im sure Tom will do a grand job of arranging something. I will do my best to keep people appraised as and when there is something to report. Hoges.   

Ps. My sincere thanks to everyone who has posted on here. It meant a lot to Tom and Diane knew people were thinking of her as she made the final lap. 

Edited by Paul Hogan
ps