Many of you will know that Diane Pringle, wife of  my good friend, the late and infamous Alec  Pringle for whom this forum page is named after, has not been in good health herself for some time.   Some time ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy at the same time as looking after Alec  during his final days.  Well once again it is my sad duty to inform people and her many friends and acquaintances that the cancer has returned in a most aggressive form first to her liver and  it is now invasive and final. I spoke to her son Tom last night  and he asked me to post this sad news on the forum  as Diane heads towards her own final lap on the race of life.  She is being heavily sedated but i'm told she is able to take phone calls if anyone wants to call her in the mornings.  I will post again as when I have any news. 

Hoges. :(

Hi Paul,

thanks for posting this with Tom's blessing. I heard about this quite some  time ago and have had it bottled up to nearly bursting point. I didn;t want to over step the mark.

Diane has had this initial problem since before Alec's issues but didnt want to cause a fuss as Alec was in such a condition.

Probably too late for prayers but always worth a try.

Roger

Thanks for letting us know Paul, V8lady has contributed much to the TR fraternity. Thoughts and prayers with her and the family
Ian

Edited by cvtrian

Truly sad news, Diane has been a big part of the TR Register along with the late, great Alec.

My thoughts and best wishes go to Diane, Tom and the family.

Tom

This is so sad.

Alec gave me much help both TR wise and support whilst he and my dad were ill.

this is so unfair. 

I hope she is pain free and my thoughts go to her family especially Tom.

Alec and Diane soon to be Reunited on the grid.

That is such sad news.

Although I knew Alec and Diane as "acquaintances" from the late 70's and early 80's we got to know them really well since acquiring parts from Alannids Cave about 10-15 years or so ago, finally getting the 2 back on the road about 10 years ago, through TRchaeology and a couple of TR related exploits at Goodwood in recent years.

We knew she had been through her own Cancer treatment whilst looking after Alec, and from others that she wasn't at all well recently.

Do you know Paul if Diane would welcome a phone call as we would like to support, but not to intrude.

Rod and Diana

Awful news indeed, Diane selflessly devoted herself to Alec even though she had already been diagnosed with cancer and swept enquiries about her health to one side. I'll raise a glass to the Pringle clan, fighters all and thoroughly nice people.

Mick Richards

Sad news

I never met Diane, but spoke to her numerous times, she came across as a no nonsense, straight forward lady

I hope that she is pain free.

V8lady will always remain, as long as this forum remains

13 minutes ago, wjgco said:

Sad news

I never met Diane, but spoke to her numerous times, she came across as a no nonsense, straight forward lady

I hope that she is pain free.

V8lady will always remain, as long as this forum remains

Really sorry to hear this, I've met Diane two or three times, and I would echo Johns comments,

I too hope she is free from pain, and thoughts go out to son Tom.

John.

I had a long chat with her last week and she is very stoic despite the obvious outcome. I suspect when she is reunited with Alec we will all get to hear the inevitable row, watch out for thunder and lightning!

Stuart.

This is sad news indeed. I know she hadn't been well for a few years, but this always comes as a shock.

Like others, I hope she is as comfortable and pain free as can be.

Sending hugs to the Pringle clan.

Roger and Julie

6 hours ago, stuart said:

I had a long chat with her last week and she is very stoic despite the obvious outcome. I suspect when she is reunited with Alec we will all get to hear the inevitable row, watch out for thunder and lightning!

Stuart.

Such sad news - to anyone that knew Alec and knows Diane will understand what Stuart says is so true!

Andrew 

Hi All,. Indeed sad news to hear and I echo all the comments above. 

I was lucky enough to meet Alec once after exchanging many a message on this forum and I was fortunate to meet Diane on a few occasions, last time was Stratford 2019. They were/are absolute key members of the TR community. I also hope that she is as comfortable as is possible at this time...

Good wishes to all the Pringle clan.

Cheers J.

This is very sad news, we stayed with Alec and Diane a number of times at their house in Mere and always had a great time doing local walks and sightseeing round the area and good chat and a drink in the local hostelries.

We hope that Diane is as comfortable and pain free as possible.

Our best wishes to the Pringle family

Gordon and Hazel 

Hi all,

I've resisted posting about mums prognosis on the forum, she was slightly more private than the old man regarding her condition. But unfortunatly its also her final lap.

I can't say enough how much these words mean to me, and my mum. My parents always helped others when help was needed. These words definitly help now. They always went above and beyond, even over their own needs. 

While looking after Dad, Mum's own prognosis got worse, we thought the mastectomy would cut it. But unfortunatly not. She enjoyed a brief few months of touring europe. Le mans classic, Spa and Zandwort, just after we lost Dad, still in 2018.

She rapidly acomplised meeting after meeting in Dads final treat, a Jaguar V8 S type. Scattering his ashes in true Pringle style, with little permission.

Though with great sadness,  Mum, is now in her final days. If you wish to make contact please do. Any words on here I will obviously repeat to her when I can.

Thanks Paul for bringing the subject up, I didn't have the words for that. But bollocks to the heavily sedated, she is as bad as Alec. A bit of oramorph, but the injections are in reserve. She'll fight to the Chequered flag!

Cheers,

Tom Pringle.

And controversially, with my wife's ongoing issues, no thanks to the NHS. I'll have a rally plaque for the barbeque 

Edited by tr7v8

Good to hear from you Tom, tell your Mum dont forget I will be up on the 20th of next month so she`s got to hold on ;) she will know what I mean.

Stuart.

Please pass on my love to Diane, Tom. She knows we have been having our own issues here and having to shield at home.

Give her my  love and thanks for the good times and good company.

love to all xxx

Sue Hogarth

Sending my love to Diane, Tom.  You guys are in my thoughts.

Alec & Diane (and Tyson) at Avebury, May 2015

i-9Lj7JMc-X5.jpg

So sorry to hear this terrible  news,  always loved talking to Alex, a real man and to Diane his stalward .

Please pas on my best, 

Conrad.