A question about slave cylinders :)

Changed the seals on my slave cylinder. What has consistently amazed me with this car is the quality and detail. I’m used to the next era of classics and to me a clevis pin just taps in and out. Slightly confusing at first until I realised that the pin had the extra safety of a short thread to keep it in place. Can anyone shed some light on the tube that seems to be attached to the slave cylinder bolt? Still learning :)

D2DCA05C-A260-4D13-8A49-64818E789809.jpeg.926fdd415342817d0c021688db02f8cb.jpeg

Edited by Jase

As Graham says it is a stay rod not a tube, and its purpose is to support the slave cylinder by bracing it to a sump bolt. 

Edited by RobH
9 minutes ago, RobH said:

As Graham says it is a stay rod not a tube, and its purpose is to support the slave cylinder by bracing it to a sump bolt. 

Thanks both, makes sense given the pressures :)

Looking at your photo, I think your slave cylinder is attached to the wrong side of the bracket - it should be inserted from the sump side.  The push rod may have been shortened to fit.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/clutch-transmission-drivetrain/clutch-systems/clutch-hydraulics-girling-tr4-4a-1961-67.html

Steve