The forum seems to have a recommended company to do most reconditioning jobs. So where could I sent the horns from my car to give them a new lease of life or are the metal Chinese repros the sensible option?

Look forward to sound advice as usual - no need to excuse the pun!

Many thanks,

Tim

Tim are your horns the clear hooters type? If so you can usually refurb them yourself - if the horns aren't sounding there is a screw on the top which can be turned left it right, I've found if you turn a quarter turn either way and connect to a 12 volt battery you can keep doing this one way or the other and usually you can get the horn to work again. To clean the clear hooters horns use a wire wheel on a drill to clean up the casing which is made of alloy then once done spray with primer and black topcoat spray paint. If your horns still don't work I have a set already refurbed ready to fit for a fee.

Michael

Thanks Michael. They are Clear hooters so will have a tinker in the morning. Be prepared for more questions though.

What sort of fee might you be looking at?

Cheers,

Tim

Michael,

Have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Tim