Well the TR6 has had the engine rebuilt, by myself, the triple webbers completely overhauled and installed and set up by myself. We went on a 200 mile country-side and coast run today. I have just done the maths and I am getting 23mpg. Thats a great result for triple 40s. Had a great blast over the back roads. My wife may say different however. With the koni suspension wound up, triple webbers wide open and the full race pipe barking away, its quite the roller coaster. 

20200729_204449.jpg

20200728_193941.jpg

14 minutes ago, ntc said:

28 to 33 is where you should be with Weber’s unless you are having fun 

Oh, I think he was safely in fun-mode 

‘Had a great blast over the back roads. My wife may say different however. With the koni suspension wound up, triple webbers wide open and the full race pipe barking away’

:) 

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention. I could get overdrive on the entire journey. When I rebuilt the engine, I removed the box. And for the life of me never did find where the wires went. So not had OD for years. How lazy one can become at times

43 minutes ago, Dave McDonald said:

I'm guessing it's being used as a blanking plug in the water pump housing?

Dave McD

It sure is. The twin Su carbs that the previous owner had, as the PI system was binned, had a water cooled inlet manifold. The webbers dont. 

That spark plugs been there ever since. Hey, it works. 

When I did the Weber conversion I stuck another temperature sensor in that hole. It can serve as a backup in the event that the one on the other side fails. I didnt know it was the same thread as a spark plug. I think I would put an HT lead on that plug to really confuse people. 7 cylinder TR6 with one horizontal cylinder.

Stan

7 hours ago, foster461 said:

When I did the Weber conversion I stuck another temperature sensor in that hole. It can serve as a backup in the event that the one on the other side fails. I didnt know it was the same thread as a spark plug. I think I would put an HT lead on that plug to really confuse people. 7 cylinder TR6 with one horizontal cylinder.

Stan

Great idea. I think i will. That will have heads being scratched.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 12:20 AM, foster461 said:

Stan

What about the other end? you can't quite see what you stuffed in there