Bristol Street faux pas

Has anyone else spotted that the Union Flag shown on the Bristol Street Motors ad during Channel 4's F1 coverage is UPSIDE DOWN?

Tim

DSC01978.JPG

Tim

Sorry, from your picture, I can't see where the flagpost is.

If it's on the left of the picture, the flag is the right way up.

If it's on the right, well spotted!

The post was on the car's air box so the narrower white diagonal is uppermost adjacent to the post. The flag is definitely upside down. Maybe Pete is right, and it's a subliminal cry for help!

Tim 

3 hours ago, tim hunt said:

The post was on the car's air box so the narrower white diagonal is uppermost adjacent to the post. The flag is definitely upside down. Maybe Pete is right, and it's a subliminal cry for help!

Tim 

It's a German car Tim, so potentially a connection there :rolleyes:

One of my Burlington customers used to work at Rover. He started out matching up P4 front springs (Left and Right had to be exactly the same length) and ended up a test driver, testing the Rover 2000 and later on prototype Range Rovers.

When he told me I said to him:

“What a fantastic job!”

He replied:

“Not always. I once spent 3 days driving around the MIRA circuit in reverse, just to test the reverse gear reliability of a 2000 gearbox.”

Different times.

Charlie.