GB Top Cover - removal of the detent 'core plugs'

Hi Folks,

I have a top cover that has the cups fitted to retain the rod detents.   items #75, 83, 93 Here

First question how are they removed. Would I be correct in thinking to drill a hole in the cup and fit a large self tapper screw - then give it a pull. !!!

Second question - the cups  appear to be 'Not Available' at Moss. Are they replaced by the screw in type.?

Roger

PS - I have just noticed that the threaded plugs are also not available.

Edited by RogerH

Sorted the GB top cover.Surprisingly the three wedgelok screws were quite loose.

The  plugs covering the detent springs are not available as either plain plugs or threaded.

So I turned up some plain Ai Alloy plugs on the lathe. When I fitted then I had second thoughts about the material. Why are the OEM plain or threaded plugs made of steel.  Can the spring dig into the Ali and  relieve its tensions !! So out they came and I made them from steel.  I made these apprx 0.001" over size  and they tapped in nicely.

I decided to wire lock the wedgeloks. It'll make removal much easier in 50,000 miles time.

Roger

12 hours ago, RogerH said:

I decided to wire lock the wedgeloks. It'll make removal much easier in 50,000 miles time.

Roger

Jaguar boxes had that done as standard.

Stuart.