Tr4A Indicator lamp issue.

Hello Steve.

Can you give a little more detail on the fault please?  The green tell-tale is usually the indicators (unless someone has swapped the holders around) so the light can only come on when you indicate and the indicators will not be working if the bulb is not flashing.  Is that what is happening?  If so, is it the same when indicating in either direction?

If it is the same in both directions suspect the flasher relay to be faulty.  If it is only when indicating in one direction there is a faulty bulb or bad connection on that side. 

Hi Many thanks for your replies, The green indicator light is on all the time and on Saturday She broke down outside the pub ahhh, I managed to bump start her and got back home. I charged the battery for 12 hours and is running great apart from the green light on. Another part to the tale is that when I put the wipers on the headlights dim down.

steve

If the ignition light is on permanently it  means you have a problem with the dynamo (or do you have an alternator ?).  The battery will go flat as yours did because it is starting the car and powering the ignition, and not being re-charged.   You should notice that the ammeter does not show a charge but has a permanent small discharge while running.   The headlight dimming is probably related to a low battery charge. 

I would start by checking the fan belt, then the connections on the dynamo and its control box with particular attention to the thin yellow/green wire from the F terminal to the small connector on the dynamo.   Do you have a voltmeter that you can use for fault finding? 

(The green light is really the indicators tell-tale but this often gets swapped over with the red one when owners put the bulbs back in the wrong places. )

Edited by RobH