Lift the rear on my IRS axle

Good morning everybody,

today I want to give the rear hight on my IRS axle some attention: it is too low.

Years ago I fitted too thin poly insulators with the coil springs.

Has someone an experience about the relation of [mm] on the isulators are [mm] on the wheel arch, please?

Ciao, Marco

Thanks Andy,

if I remember correctly I fitted the ones from the front also on the rear. 

To do the work not 2 or three times  with different isulators some calculations would be great.

I know on the front axle it is 1 mm to 2 mm.

Ciao, Marco

Hi Stuart, thank you.

I modified my front spring compressor to a "rear spring remains in the trailing arm compressor",

got the  ration now and hope to know what to do to get to the point on the first attempt.

Got it,

made 2 rubber shims for the right side AND more solid insulators, both side now have same hight,

but both side about 5 mm too high now due to the limited collection of insulators I have.

I'm on a good way... 

Hi Roger,

thank you very much, first I calculated x 1.6 and added 2 x 2 mm rubber shims to get to the same height.

Final control was about x 1.9 mm on one side and x 2.0, I think this is about more or less the same as x 1.8.

Yesterday I orderd suitable (lower) insulators to get on the corret hight

Ciao, Marco.