upgrade silent block steering bushes

Problems fitting upgraded bush kit. The "poly bushes are 20 thou larger than the holes in the drag link, is there an easy way to install. The pins are loose in the bush but assume squashing the bush in the link takes up the slack or is there something wrong before i start.

Which kit did you buy?

I have fitted both the Moss Delrin bushed kits and the Revington bronze bushed kits.  The Delrin ones, once fitted were snug and after 20 miles or so were easy moving.   The bronze items were smooth and easy to move from first fitment.

No force was required to assemble the pin in the bushes in either type nor any reaming.

They are a dog to get to bits in the future so I would consider miling a flat either side of the taper eye to get an extractor to sit on.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

+1 with Pete

I would be wary of reaming out the arm unless you can assure accuracy.

Also make sure that the pin is a good fit with lube and it eases off very quickly.

Use a vice to push bush in as you have more control to keep it square on.

Rod