Triumph Weekends 2021 and 2022

20 minutes ago, john.r.davies said:

Thank you. MIck!  Hope springs eternal, so what will the TSSC do with those facilities?  I recall a parade of Concourse winners in the stadium, with commenary by Graham, excellent of course, and, er, .....    

I’m probably being a bit slow....... but, as joint events, I’d expect both clubs to be involved in choosing how best to use the available facilities at both Stafford and Malvern.  Given that the Stafford event is just over 2 years away I wouldn’t imagine logistics for the event has been specc’d  out yet.

..... Andy 

You are quite right Andy, just like Stratford last year, for each event there will be an organising committee made up of people from both clubs who are charged with making day to day decisions within a budget approved by both clubs. 

Mick

2 hours ago, Mick Forey said:

You are quite right Andy, just like Stratford last year, for each event there will be an organising committee made up of people from both clubs who are charged with making day to day decisions within a budget approved by both clubs. 

Mick

Hi Mick - thanks for the confirmation - both on how the organisation occurs and that I'm not going (completely) mad :) 

..... Andy

At Stafford the TSSC always used the main hall, the pavilion bar and one of the other smaller buildings for the evening entertainment. Plus, there were places to eat, permanent showers and toilets. No shed in a field and I have attended Stafford 22 times. My understanding is the move away from Stafford in 2014 was due to rising costs and due to some pressure to try affordable motor sport venues.

The comments I heard at last year’s Stratford from both TR Reg members and TSSC members were that they wanted a Malvern and a Stafford type of event. From my observations people appear to want a social weekend with the support facilities both these sites offer. Last year’s joint Stratford worked well as we are all Triumph nuts, but if it was affordable most of us wanted better facilities. By having a joint club event now means we should be able to return to a Malvern/Stafford type International, that is providing we make it work by attending.

I have no involvement with the organisers of the event or the management of either club. Just a joint TR Reg and TSSC member that wants to see this succeed. Be positive and support this event.

Dave

39 minutes ago, DaveR said:

At Stafford the TSSC always used the main hall, the pavilion bar and one of the other smaller buildings for the evening entertainment. Plus, there were places to eat, permanent showers and toilets. No shed in a field and I have attended Stafford 22 times. My understanding is the move away from Stafford in 2014 was due to rising costs and due to some pressure to try affordable motor sport venues.

The comments I heard at last year’s Stratford from both TR Reg members and TSSC members were that they wanted a Malvern and a Stafford type of event. From my observations people appear to want a social weekend with the support facilities both these sites offer. Last year’s joint Stratford worked well as we are all Triumph nuts, but if it was affordable most of us wanted better facilities. By having a joint club event now means we should be able to return to a Malvern/Stafford type International, that is providing we make it work by attending.

I have no involvement with the organisers of the event or the management of either club. Just a joint TR Reg and TSSC member that wants to see this succeed. Be positive and support this event.

Dave

As far as I am concerned Dave,  you have put it in a Nutshell.....

Plus one from myself.

Conrad.

It’s good that we are returning to Malvern, personally I think it’s the best venue. Perhaps with Covid around and the revenue these Showgrounds have lost from cancelled events and the joining of forces between TRR & TSSC it will have given more purchasing power in the negotiations. Good to have 2022 banked in as a venue.

Its a thumbs up from me

Phil

I've just posted this in Alec's inn but i think it's worth adding to the more public comments here in social scene. Also, my thanks to mick for posting some very good pics of his TR3  with some of Staffords showground buildings in the background  :D   They certainly have spent some money there and it seems a far cry from what i can remember being there.  I hope it's a great success. 

hoges 

Well the wait is over and we now know where IWE will be held for the next two years.  On a personal note i'm disappointed that we are not going back to Stratford next year as the problems we experienced had been identified and corrective action could have been taken.  However, the BoD need to be congratulated for finally dismissing the Rutland Show ground from the options list. 

Going back to Malvern will I know please many people people  and especially Roger. I just hope the BoD  have been able to convince Malvern to do something about the catering and the drinks suppliers which was always a bone of contention from  our members.  If people care to recall,  the Malvern organisers wouldn't provide real ale and so that is why  we opted to have our own bar instead and  give the beer/drinks away for nothing. Let us hope they have been able to reach an accommodation. 

Going to the Stafford showground will please the TSCC and hopefully our own members too. It has been a long time since the TRR were last there  so hopefully it will  prove to be  an attractive venue for anyone who has not been there before.  The setting obviously isn't as good as Malvern  and the town itself isn't a  patch on Stratford  or Malvern. ( I must  declare some bias here as Stafford was my county town and I never thought much of it as a place to go) but there are some nice villages scattered around the area.  There are also plenty of speed cameras to be aware of! 

Seeing as we are pushing the boat out  by going back to Malvern I echo roger's comments about the entertainment.  It needs to be bigger and varied.  The band we had last year at Stratford also performed for us at Malvern and were well received by the members.  However the problem with Malvern and a live band is the acoustic quality of the cattle shed.  Any band really needs to be inside a proper building even if is only three chords and Status Quo!   Re the catering can we not get a fish and chip van  or a  mobile pizza oven, curry house on site?  Goodwood manage to provide a  wide range of food suppliers  and there are plenty of agricultural shows  like the nearby Ludlow food festival that offer a wide variety of catering outlets so why can we not have these at Malven?

So to sum up.  top marks for rejecting Rutland.  (it really wasn't on the card chaps) and well done for striking a two year deal with the TSCC.  

Hoges. 

Edit

On 8/3/2020 at 6:59 PM, RogerH said:

I enjoyed Stafford back in the 90's.  I thought we had been banned forever - good to go back.

Roger

On 8/3/2020 at 8:16 PM, john.r.davies said:

Thank you. MIck!  Hope springs eternal, so what will the TSSC do with those facilities?  I recall a parade of Concourse winners in the stadium, with commenary by Graham, excellent of course, and, er, .....    

Roger, now that’s the story that I’m interested in..........?

• 4 weeks later...