Triumph Weekends 2021 and 2022

The joint announcement of the selection of venues for the next two year's Triumph Weekend is now out: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2020/07/0243/Triumph-Weekend-to-be-held-at-Malvern-and-Stafford-in-202122

As you might imagine it has taken a lot of hard work by a number of people to reach this decision. In particular, Allan Westbury for bringing together TSSC and the TR Register as co-hosts for the next two years, Jo and Wayne for some first class negotiating with Malvern and Chris Gunby with Stafford to get the costs for both venues to be competitive with the other venues being considered. We would also like to thank all members who provided feedback on the choice of venues both historical and potential.

Both events will be amazing and we all look forward to welcoming anybody and everybody from the Triumph and Standard world.

Mick

Edited by Mick Forey

Shame the like functions been removed :ph34r: but its a YES! from me 

Glad all you TRerists like Malvern, because Stafford is ...  the pits, and not Formula One..   A big shed with a lot of grass around it.     A party is the people there, so you-all may enjoy it, but not a lot.

Paul Hogan told us of the difficulties of finding somewhere better, more exciting, allowing a wider range of autoactivities for the Big Show.   I've held up the example of the MG International, in the full understanding that even a combined TRR/TSSC can't afford Silverstone, but anyone who has been there will understand how minimal either Triumph International has been in comparison.    TSSC tried valiently, using the old Melbourne hairpin at Donington and Redgate carpark for an International one year, but "people didnt like it".

Compromise wins over imagination.  I'm sorry.

Well Done Allan, Jo, Wayne, Mick and Chris Gunby. I must admit I would, health permitting, joined you anywhere, but Malvern will be a pleasant return, I wasn’t expecting that. We could say hip hip hooray,  hip hip hooray

But this           Will have to do.

A792A282-6A67-4D85-8FB9-C78C7EA0475D.png

Brilliant news! Hope to make it in my 3

Yes congrats to all involved, they have listened and made Malvern work, seems what most folk wanted.

Thinking the folks who run our club, must have had a really taxing year, all the work done on so many

events, IWE, European Weekend and Tour, Triumph Picnic etc., all much work that this year through no fault

of anyone has come to naught.

You have to say they must be keen!

Thanksall.

John.

I like Malvern. But I remember that the craft stalls were a bit lost up at the back. I will be camping and looking for a longer stay than normal. Can anyone recommend a B&B after the show nearby ?

Richard & B

Great to see committee focussing on the important things, can't comment on Stafford but return to Malvern is most welcome. 

If only they would leave alone things that dont need any more meddling like the Forum, latest changes were unnecessary and retrograde.

Chris

Excellent result, but pretty gutted will miss the return to Malvern as my nephew is getting married that weekend! Absolutely no way I can duck that, although I wonder if he has considered eloping...must have chat with him...

Miles

Good decision, Over the years I have regularly attended both the TR International, and the TSSC International and found Malvern and Stafford have similar facilities. At Stafford there is a large brick built hall, plus a number of smaller buildings. One in the past was used for the evening entertainment. Also permanent bar, showers and toilets. 

Dave

Edited by DaveR

Morning all,

I have hidden a number of posts here, for two reasons,

1) I think they detract from the purpose of this particular thead, and

2) They are really a subject for our members only section - Alecs Inn.

Please feel free to start a new thread in Alecs Inn, to cover the subject raised here, and I will gladly

transfer the hidden posts and open them again.

John.

1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

Morning all,

I have hidden a number of posts here, for two reasons,

1) I think they detract from the purpose of this particular thead, and

2) They are really a subject for our members only section - Alecs Inn.

Please feel free to start a new thread in Alecs Inn, to cover the subject raised here, and I will gladly

transfer the hidden posts and open them again.

John.

Anonymous big dislike from me John

19 minutes ago, Andrew Smith said:

Sean, 

Not sure if you read the posts but they encroached into club business, so I think John's action was appropriate.

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew,

I hadn't seen the offending posts, so thanks for pointing this out. John's post did not make this clear (to me anyway) and I hope I didn't cause any offence.

I am a great supporter of the recently new moderation team but my overriding sense as a regular forum user, is that recently there has been way too much moderation for my liking. I am a traditionalist when it comes to the right to free speech and defending it.

Cheers all.

Sean