Today I enjoyed the first drive in my TR5, drove it to the paint shop, while its away I have an interesting task to get on with. Russian built in the 90s I believe ex military, has not run in awhile, my challenge at the moment is to get it running and fit new machine gun mount, fork tubes and mudguards, then off to chase some rabbits. What a beast not my cup of tea but restoring for a local guy.

3A0F62D5-C862-4800-A61F-D6A37BB3C21F.heic

Thanks Rob, I was not aware of that.

Paul

1 hour ago, RobH said:

Its a HEIF image which is next-generation JPEG. Here it is :

Untitled.thumb.jpg.2978aff9b02c601dac0f16cc35cd7abd.jpg

Mm MG34 just the tool for those hogging the middle lane 

It is a Dneper as far as I know, the owner wants it converted to a BMW look alike, only rear wheel drive, I have managed to start it with direct feed to the coil, Kickstart only, lots of electrical issues. The gun has been equipped to run on gas somehow as the bike has been used in film making.

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

It is a Dneper as far as I know, the owner wants it converted to a BMW look alike, only rear wheel drive, I have managed to start it with direct feed to the coil, Kickstart only, lots of electrical issues. The gun has been equipped to run on gas somehow as the bike has been used in film making.

Paul

Raiders of the lost ark series?

Stuart.

Hi,

That nice but I would take care with showing it off that gun is a realistic imitation firearm and is cover by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (VCR Act)

and you would not be the first to have arm police knocking yours door down. But you could find some one to paint  51% of it Red then you be OK.

Be safe

Peter

21 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Paul,

that is a weird file format - I can't open it.

I opened it in MS Paint.

7 hours ago, Paul J said:

The gun has been equipped to run on gas somehow as the bike has been used in film making.

Seems quite commonplace among re-enactors. Might be worth checking with any historic military vehicle groups if there's some sort of licence necessary. At the Tanks Trucks and Firepower show last year, I asked a re-enactor why they do this - he replied that .303 rounds are (I think) £2.40 each, a Bren fires 500 rounds per minute... the cost per 'round' of gas is negligible.

Pete