Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 5 months later...

I need a new heater valve and found this chat and links very useful.

I have ordered Four seasons Everco 74648 through Rock Auto part £22.59 plus FedEx and VAT total £39.39

I looked at the Amazon link part was $38.34 from AutoPartsWAY plus shipping of $109.99 !!

Not sure if there's another supplier via Amazon but the Rock Auto price seems good.

Assume there will be some duty to pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Phil H 4 said:

I need a new heater valve and found this chat and links very useful.

I have ordered Four seasons Everco 74648 through Rock Auto part £22.59 plus FedEx and VAT total £39.39

I looked at the Amazon link part was $38.34 from AutoPartsWAY plus shipping of $109.99 !!

Not sure if there's another supplier via Amazon but the Rock Auto price seems good.

Assume there will be some duty to pay.

You maybe lucky with a single one though what bumps it up if you do get caught is the extra £6 the post office will charge you for them to have the privilege of paying the duty for you.:ph34r:

Rock auto are about the best online supplier and will get it shipped pretty quickly.

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've just received one of these £31 plus £10 shipping from USA through the eBay Global Shipping Programme (so no further duty I believe) took 2 wks from order to receive. 1 point for clarification, the seller states that the screw in thread is 3/8" NPT, is that the same as the heater valve adaptor on the block? I tried the thread but it didn't seem to want to go and I didn't want to force it, any advice?

PS looking at their site feedback, it is mostly TR6 owners who have purchased them!

Rgds

David

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, qkingston said:

So I've just received one of these £31 plus £10 shipping from USA through the eBay Global Shipping Programme (so no further duty I believe) took 2 wks from order to receive. 1 point for clarification, the seller states that the screw in thread is 3/8" NPT, is that the same as the heater valve adaptor on the block? I tried the thread but it didn't seem to want to go and I didn't want to force it, any advice?

PS looking at their site feedback, it is mostly TR6 owners who have purchased them!

Rgds

David

Should just screw in. Put a bit of plumbers tape on the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, qkingston said:

So I've just received one of these £31 plus £10 shipping from USA through the eBay Global Shipping Programme (so no further duty I believe) took 2 wks from order to receive. 1 point for clarification, the seller states that the screw in thread is 3/8" NPT, is that the same as the heater valve adaptor on the block? I tried the thread but it didn't seem to want to go and I didn't want to force it, any advice?

PS looking at their site feedback, it is mostly TR6 owners who have purchased them!

Rgds

David

I have on on my 4a and have fitted others, they screw straight in with PTFE tape or liquid

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawk said:

In case anyone wants one, he valve can be bought from Amazon UK for £38 delivered  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000C2UVQ4/ref=cbw_us_gb_dp_ags?smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H

this is what I did

Still says supplied and dispatched from The US.

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hawk said:

In case anyone wants one, he valve can be bought from Amazon UK for £38 delivered  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000C2UVQ4/ref=cbw_us_gb_dp_ags?smid=A2KVF7QXNCLV8H

this is what I did

When I TRied Amazon a couple of years back it stated that it could not be sent to my address (west London) at the same time others were getting it delivered from Amazon - most odd.

I got it from Rock Autos after a couple of weeks.

Roger

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi David,

you are still using the adaptor!!.  Please say yes.

I think it is the same thread at both ends (male & Female.

 

Roger

Yes indeed :) I think the threads just need a bit of a clean out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the Four Seasons valve give greater control?

my old valve works but it’s either On or Off, no ablity to modulate

i’m lining up jobs for thr TR, which includes an antifreeze change so ideal time to fit a new heater valve if worthwhile.

TIA

steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Does the Four Seasons valve give greater control?

my old valve works but it’s either On or Off, no ablity to modulate

i’m lining up jobs for thr TR, which includes an antifreeze change so ideal time to fit a new heater valve if worthwhile.

TIA

steve

Yes it does. Highly recommended.

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stuart said:

Yes it does. Highly recommended.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, i’ll order one.

hope all is well with you?

steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RogerH said:

When I TRied Amazon a couple of years back it stated that it could not be sent to my address (west London) at the same time others were getting it delivered from Amazon - most odd.

I got it from Rock Autos after a couple of weeks.

Roger

Hi Roger!

About 5 years ago, I replaced my heater valve. That one had lasted over 30 years and was a genuine BL one. I replaced it with one of Moss's £15 ones that lasted just over a year! So I went back to Moss and complained. They surprised me by saying that they stock 2 types? one cheap one and one OEM type @ £30, so I went for the OEM type no trouble so far. So I am not convinced that going off shore is the best option when looking at the cost?

Bruce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

Hi Roger!

About 5 years ago, I replaced my heater valve. That one had lasted over 30 years and was a genuine BL one. I replaced it with one of Moss's £15 ones that lasted just over a year! So I went back to Moss and complained. They surprised me by saying that they stock 2 types? one cheap one and one OEM type @ £30, so I went for the OEM type no trouble so far. So I am not convinced that going off shore is the best option when looking at the cost?

Bruce.

Everco ones are much better in use.

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Thanks Stuart, i’ll order one.

hope all is well with you?

steve

Hi Steve, yep still ticking away one down here ;)

Stuart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definite thumbs up for adjustability!

Although you need quite fine movement of the knob in the cabin to get those controls, but it is reasonably easy to master.

We used it loads on our Round Britain Reliability Run ensuring that the cabin was cool enough for the driver and yet warm enough for the co-driver to sleep..

tim

Link to post
Share on other sites

My goodness Tim that RBRR seems a long time ago now, fingers crossed for this October!  Very pleased with the Everco valve on my 4A, purchased from accessory store in US years ago on holiday.

Tim

Everco heater valve on TR4A.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Though they look sort of similar on the outside, the Four Seasons valve is more of a ball type valve, while the original has a rubber diaphragm that is pressed against a seat by an arm in a ramp.  The Four Seasons is a much better design for the application and gives way better control.

Ed

IMG_4241a.JPG

Edited by ed_h
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tim hunt said:

My goodness Tim that RBRR seems a long time ago now, fingers crossed for this October!  Very pleased with the Everco valve on my 4A, purchased from accessory store in US years ago on holiday.

Tim

Everco heater valve on TR4A.JPG

Tim.. yes long time. Next one I'll have two cars on the run. The supercharged 6 and a 2500 saloon. With my uncle and cousins in it. One is coming from Australia for the event!

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Phil H 4 said:

Natty clamp Ed what is it.

Phil

It's just a short piece of steel rod, drilled and tapped as necessary.

Ed

 

IMG_4238a.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ed_h said:

It's just a short piece of steel rod, drilled and tapped as necessary.

Ed

 

IMG_4238a.JPG

That's very smart.....and way neater than my 'chocolate block' solution.    How would you feel about making me one?  Of course I would pay you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.