I crimped an appropriate sized ring connector to the end of the cable, slipped it over the actuator spindle, added a spacer sleeve of small bore tubing to keep the ring at the base of the spindle, all topped off with a stem washer to keep it all in place and aligned. No ned to manufacture other parts and pretty simple.
Ian

PS - this is a great upgrade from the old OE spec diaphragm vale, simpler and much more reliable, and a straight swap!

Although the Everco valve outlet is 5/ 8" diameter I found that my silicone heater hose of 1/2" I.D. slipped over the outlet with minimal force required just with the assistance of a trace of rubber grease.

Tim

And here’s mine

bored, i thought i would ‘engineer’ a connector from 8mm hexagonal brass rod, turned out well !

5125CCD6-D7D9-4D3A-B68C-E94BB6D07B2F.jpeg

Good job Steve!  Seeing that put me in mind of my old Meccano 3-hole brass couplings :)

All these well-engineered connections has prompted me to make mine look a little more elegant 

........ Andy 

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, RogerH said:

When I TRied Amazon a couple of years back it stated that it could not be sent to my address (west London) at the same time others were getting it delivered from Amazon - most odd.

I got it from Rock Autos after a couple of weeks.

Roger

Amazon UK currently lists it for delivery to my address from America at £35.36 with free delivery (Prime?) but it’s not clear as to what taxes will apply.  The lack of clarity is off putting but I might just buy it and see.

Paul

1 hour ago, PaulAnderson said:

Amazon UK currently lists it for delivery to my address from America at £35.36 with free delivery (Prime?) but it’s not clear as to what taxes will apply.  The lack of clarity is off putting but I might just buy it and see.

Paul

I bought one a few months ago - turned up in a matter of days and no tax to pay.  YMMV. 

On 7/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, RogerH said:

Snap

DSC_2956a.jpg

Some years ago I had one of my Moss experiences with their Repro one! It lasted 18 months as usual I went down to Moss and complained. To my surprise they said that they also do the genuine OEM one at £30, so I bought that. Than was 10 years ago! no problems since. Has your Q & A system flagged up that their Repro one is Cr--. and you are on the case?

Bruce.

27 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

Some years ago I had one of my Moss experiences with their Repro one! It lasted 18 months as usual I went down to Moss and complained. To my surprise they said that they also do the genuine OEM one at £30, so I bought that. Than was 10 years ago! no problems since. Has your Q & A system flagged up that their Repro one is Cr--. and you are on the case?

Bruce.

Hi Bruce,

simply, no.

Moss sell a cheap version and an OEM version - why buy the cheap option.

Also when anybody questions their valve on this and other forums the reply is always to buy the EverCo version.

Roger

1 minute ago, RogerH said:

Hi Bruce,

simply, no.

Moss sell a cheap version and an OEM version - why buy the cheap option.

Also when anybody questions their valve on this and other forums the reply is always to buy the EverCo version.

Roger

I take your point Roger but they need to be told to bin their repro one or improve its sealing.

Bruce.

Hi Bruce,

I told them in 2014 that if I was in charge (and I am not) that I would bin all the **** and only sell quality (mainly regarding bearings)

I was told in no uncertain terms that that was not possible as others would still sell the **** and that Moss would go out of Business.

As long as the suppliers run a quality line alongside their other stuff then what more can we do.  Buyer Beware. Read the forum

Roger

As long as some suppliers are happy offer both and people keep buying the **** they will be subsidising the few who want quality parts. If these suppliers disappear I suspect any quality parts are likely to be even more expensive, harder to find and possibly none existent.

Andy