If you do a search of the forum you will see many of us have replaced that piece of junk with the Four Seasons Everco 74648 cable operated heater control valve, all brass. It will likely never fail. We used to get them really cheap a few years ago but even at around $30 they are still worth it.

It is a direct replacement for the BL valve with just a slight mod needed for the cable connection.

Stan

9 minutes ago, Sill Gap Problem said:

How straightforward are these to fit, do you need to drain the coolant system?

Easy swap, no need to drain the system, the only mod is to fix the cable to the operating post. I did this by crimping a ring terminal on the end of the heater cable, slipped it over the operating post and then added a stem washer to keep it in place.

Ian

Everco valve is not brass just gold passivate finished steel and yes other sellers are available- price to ship to UK is £40 odd + import duty so around £50 all in for anyone considering getting one- not cheap but at least it will last. They shouldn't be selling those repro valves another part to report to q and a, I would but I still haven't received my membership pack.

Michael

Edited by michaeldavis39
2 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

.They shouldn't be selling those repro valves another part to report to q and a, I would but I still haven't received my membership pack.

Michael

Hi Michael,

have you contacted the office. For me it was a bit strange as I had to get another login, but “the office” Sent it to me quickly by e-mail and then I had access.
Cheers,

Waldi

8 hours ago, RogerH said:

As posted - direct from the states - I also use RockAuto. I believe you can get them through Amazon.

https://www.rockauto.com/

The outlet pipe is slightly larger than the OEM valve. You will need to warm the end of the rubber hose to get it t fit easier.

Roger

Thanks Roger, one on order. I found a nice little eyelet on fleabay, cable pushes into the end and crimped by two grub screws. Just the job!

19 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Yes buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-74648-Heater-Valve/dp/B000C2UVQ4

Price doesn't matter as you will only need to buy it -once unlike the one that is now broken.

Michael

Hi Michael

Using the part/fit checker on the link says it won't fit a TR6 is this the correct link/part?

Cheers

Andy

18 minutes ago, Oddball said:

download.jpg.9fd13cacb1ba05fca004a8515394466a.jpgBy the way, that speedo cable needs looking at Roger ......

That speedo cable is the choke cable that I covered which heatshrink many many years ago.

Hi Andy,

.the part/fit checker does not know about TR's - it will fit.

Roger